First shot with first backdrop!

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off.. Bugs, this is my addiction, TPF. TPF, this is my dog, Bugs.

OK this was edited OBVIOUSLY...and certainly not technically the "first shot" but rather the "First halfway decent keeper" that "was a learning experience".

Problems encountered! Help! With the white backdrop I had a hard time getting the white to be white. I had to completely blow out the exposure of the image (brighter) to get it even the least bit white. I suppose having a flash on the backdrop alone might help? I ordered a couple more strobes today, so I'll try that soon. Any ideas? The black was a lot easier to work with, but Bugs was invisible :). Or, did I just have my lens cap on... hmm.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

bugs.jpg

Moved this to People and Pets, since The Beginners' Place is not a gallery. OK?

And where did his toes go?

(I let the more knowledgeable photogs answer to all your exposure questions, they sure know better than I do, for I know nothing).

I think this is where a grey card comes into effect. If you meter off of the grey card, (especially since the dog is black and the backdrop is white) you would have done better. Just my .02 though

I think this is where a grey card comes into effect. If you meter off of the grey card, (especially since the dog is black and the backdrop is white) you would have done better. Just my .02 though

i agree :thumbup:

Have a look at this

you can also take a pic of the gray under same lighting to use in PS as well.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
this was the original

bugso.jpg

Hey there- I work in a studio all day long; and for our white backgrounds we use a backlight with a diffuser. So definitely another light will do you wonders.

I don't know a lot about doing backdrops and things. The dog itself is nicely exposed in the photo. Bugs is adorable.

I don't know a lot about doing backdrops and things. The dog itself is nicely exposed in the photo. Bugs is adorable.

thanks

i agree with lafoto when it comes to his paws being cut off. Though he's obedient, he certainly doesn't understand "STAY" when I put him on a chair and walk way around to my camera and hide my face behind it. So, I chose use a remote shutter to click it right after jumping away :)

Most reactions

Back