First shots at night for C&C

tmL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, so I wanted to try my luck during the nighttime, here are a couple shots for you to C&C:

ice-cream-truck.jpg

afterparty.jpg

The first one is pretty straight forward. I think it's okay that my subjects are centered in it but let me know if you think I could have composed it differently. As for the second one, I really liked it when I first took it but now I think there's too much to look at and not one clear subject. My intention was to have the dumpster be the subject but the yellow cone sort of attracts my eyes every time I look at it. I'm thinking now I should have just gone from a different angle and cut the cone out...but it also kind of fits in the picture. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Any thoughts?

Night shots with "ambient" light are very difficult. #1 has some potential but needs some fill to help us see what's going on in the shadows. #2 does nothing for me.

I like #1, #2 just says, "Oh hi, this is trash", I don't really get it. If you're going to take a picture of something like that, change your perspective, do something DIFFERENT. If your goal was to have the dumpster be your subject, you need a much tighter/different crop.

#1 is nice - it has a very Normal Rockwell feel to it. Slightly on the dim side, although in some ways I'd say that adds some character to it. I agree #2 really doesn't say/do anything other than show some trash.

Thanks for the replies!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back