First shots from a DSLR noob!

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In comparison to some of the beautiful shots I've seen posted on these forums, I was a little nervous to put my work out there for all to see... But it's all about learning, right? :)

I made the jump to a DSLR primarily to learn how to take better pictures of my own children, and maybe to offer some free "professional looking" shots to my friends of their children and events in their lives for practice with photography as a hobby... Here are a few of my first attempts, any C&C is well appreciated! Please keep in mind I am new to the world of DSLR's and any advice you can offer no matter how miniscule or great would go a long way.

Thanks so much for viewing!
1)
099-Copy_01.jpg

2)

143_01.jpg

3)

002_01.jpg

4)

145_01.jpg

5)

101_01.jpg

Last edited:
I see many beautiful x's.... =P

I see many beautiful x's.... =P

Yikes, you're right! Going to re-read the sticky at the top of this forum and try to fix it :lol:

Sorry for the huge fail posting, all! I need to go through and resize my pictures, I think the files are just too big. Going to finnish that up this afternoon and update once they're all posted, thanks!

There, all up! Thanks for being patient:)

Im assuming these are your beautiful children. I still see x's under each pic, is that because its been resized?

Hmmmm I'm not sure.. on my screen I see the five photos each with a note above them about having been resized. No x's though :scratch:

you have a good eye! your photos are very nice. just bump the shutter speed up to increase sharpness :thumbup:

you have a good eye! your photos are very nice. just bump the shutter speed up to increase sharpness :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment! Do you think it would hurt the image quality if compensated for increasing my shutter speed by bumping up the ISO? I do a lot of pictures indoors, and I like to push the slower shutter speed to avoid using my flash. But as you can imagine, I get 10x more blurry pictures or the backs of my children's heads this way because a slower shutter speed makes for less sharpness with active kids.

I guess I've been afraid to bump the ISO because I've heard it can make my images grainy, but maybe I should experiment a little. Thanks!

Wow, you have come along well girl.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back