First shots from my new Canon T2i

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally pulled the trigger on a new DSLR, my first. She's a Canon T2i with a Tameron 17-50mm F2.8 VR lens. I've had the camera for a few days now but today was my first outing. Wasn't out long before the rain shut it down. I've done some post processing on them, obviously. Let me know what you think.

Here are the first few shots with my new toy. It's a bit overwhelming but I'll figure it all out in time. What a difference from my old point & shoot.

DwnTwnSpring-131-EDIT.jpg

DwnTwnSpring-032-EDIT.jpg

DwnTwnSpring-084-EDIT.jpg

DwnTwnSpring-124-EDIT.jpg

Congrats. My first DSLR too. I love mine, good choice!

I like your #4 picture, mostly for the cars and reflections. I might crop some off the left and off the top (off the top, only to just below the 2nd floor windows and on the left only almost to the red door).

By the way, great choice on lens - or so I've heard anyway. I actually want to replace my canon 18-55 kit lens with that exact Tamron you've got.

Thanks reznap. Yeah, the lens seems to be a good choice so far. I've also tried it in low light and it's great (camera/lens)! I'd really like to pick up a nice zoom. I see you have the 70-300. What do you think of it? I was considering the 55-250 Canon.

I like #4, too. Interesting composition and good color.
Congrats on the your new Canon. Enjoy! :D

I see you have the 70-300. What do you think of it?

It's great but for maybe $100 more I could have had the (vulgar white) 70-200 f4L lens.. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice since I've never used L glass. Honestly though, I doubt I've even used this lens to its full potential. It's tough to get a good shot at full 300mm even with stabilization on. It does focus pretty quick though and quietly (usm).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back