TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.)
P1010031.jpg

2.)
P1010042-1.jpg

So these are my first attempts at some real photography, I am using my new Olympus E520 on manual settings, I did some editing with iPhoto and I think that they look mildly interesting. I shot on manual settings which I have since forgotten I just know I had a pretty fast shutter speed due to cold shaking hands and a lack of a tripod. What do you think of the photos and the editing that I did? The first one is a bit noisy how can I reduce it since it was shot on ISO100?

I can't understand the awful noise in the clouds on 1st shot, it really shouldn't be like that.

Make sure to check camera settings, and did you do any weird editing?

Otherwise, they look like great beginner shots.

no the editing I did was nothing more than messing with some slider bars, I think that it may have been caused by a low default resolution that I was using may not have been meant for that large of a photo. Here is the whole breakdown on my first shot, the I used whatever the default resolution was then cropped the photo because the sky looked very nice and the rest of the photo looked very average. Then I noticed alot of noise so I made the photo smaller and it was shot in JPEG so the constant compression and decompression of the file may have cause some of the noise, do you think that may have caused all that noise or could there be something wrong with the camera?

There are a few things that could have caused that noise, although it is quite bad that you can see it in such a small image.

Make sure your image size is large enough. Fine JPEG or RAW is best

Don't over sharpen too much. Check the cameras sharpening. Its best to just leave it at default and adjust it PP. Over sharpening can cause this.

Over processing the photo in general will cause noise. If you have a photo you particularly like, save the original then do PP on a copy so you can always go back.

Did the original photo have this much noise? The amount of noise in this photo looks like an ISO 6400 photo its so bad. Its a shame because that could be a great shot.

Ok so I redid the shot using original data, I probably just over sharpened the image. Hopefully it looks better.

P1010031-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back