First shots using my new (used) Nikon Z6. A portrait and a panorama.

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Loving it so far! I have the 14-30mm Z S lens coming.

Z06_0372_1200px.jpg
Z6_Panorama-1_1200px.jpg

Lovely! I'm considering getting the Z-6 as my first mirrorless. Any thoughts you'd give a long-time Nikon shooter but new to mirrorless?

I went from film to the D40 to the D5300 to the D610 to the Z6.

The focusing system is a bit of a learning curve, but worth it to learn. A big leap forward! After 2 yrs, still love the z6!

Thanks everybody! I love this new camera, but still using my D850 for wildlife.

Lovely! I'm considering getting the Z-6 as my first mirrorless. Any thoughts you'd give a long-time Nikon shooter but new to mirrorless?
The Z6 is a great bargain since they just discontinued it. They had AF problems at first (or so I've read) but I haven't had any issues with the 3.5 firmware. The biggest issue is lenses. Get the FTZ adapter if you already have FX lenses, otherwise just get the native Z lenses. I have or am waiting for 4 native lenses. The two in my possession, a 24-50mm kit and 24-200mm super zoom, are amazing sharp. Sharpest kit lenses I've ever used. I'm expecting a Nikon 14-30mm S and a Viltrox 85mm 1.8. I also have a ton of F lenses and Canon EF (!) (that work GREAT with the Fringer adapter).

Other than that, mirrorless is a different beast. Battery life is an issue. My Z6 powers down after a little while so you have to wake it up to take a shot. Not ideal for split second Birds in Flight. Also, the EVF takes a little getting used to. It's awesome you can see your exposure right away, but it can lag. Again, not so great for tracking wildlife. If you're not shooting action or wildlife just ignore me ;)

I say go for it! I like the Nikon system better than my old Sony system, and if you're already coming from Nikon it's as easy as falling off a log.

Nice. Glad you’re enjoying the new camera. I’d like a little more or not at all on the deck railing in shot 1.

Nice. Glad you’re enjoying the new camera. I’d like a little more or not at all on the deck railing in shot 1.
Yes, I'm getting that suggestion from a number of people. Thanks for looking!!

Nice shots.

Most reactions

Back