First Shots With a DSLR

#4 has some really interesting lines (minus the perpendicular line to the curves. The picture "ends" at that line versus going off to infinity. For what my advise might be worth, crop it out or recompose.
#2 is not bad. Composition is nice, but the focus seems off...if you we're intending on focusing on the bud. Are you using area focus? Try shooting in single spot focus mode and reshoot it and see how crisp you can get it. If you were in spot mode, it is probably camera shake. Use a tripod or bump up the ISO. Using a Tripod; however, is my preferred method for macro shots
Thanks for the compliments and advice, I really appreciate it. I agree about the focus being off, I think its from shake, so I need a tripod. I have a small tripod for picturs in my little light tent, but I need a big one. Thanks again!

#4 is the best of the lot. I like it.

I will not comment on the pictures because I am too much of a novice to do that but I will comment on the watch.
I see you got an Omega Planet Ocean, nice watch!!!
Is that the 42mm or 46mm model ?
Thanks! Its actually the 37.5mm, I have small wrists. I love the ceramic bezel and movement. Its always great to find another watch enthusiast. Sorry for getting off topic.
Do you have any more watches ?
I personally have the big boy, the Planet OCean Chrono with the orange bezel.
Its my favorite watch!!! :)
I also have the Omega Seamaster 41mm which is my smallerst watch but I love it dearly too :)

Last edited:
I will not comment on the pictures because I am too much of a novice to do that but I will comment on the watch.
I see you got an Omega Planet Ocean, nice watch!!!
Is that the 42mm or 46mm model ?
Thanks! Its actually the 37.5mm, I have small wrists. I love the ceramic bezel and movement. Its always great to find another watch enthusiast. Sorry for getting off topic.
I also have the Omega Seamaster 41mm which is my smallerst watch but I love it dearly too :)
My other watch right now is a Rolex Explorer and my next addition will probably be a Nomos Club. I'm jealous of your chrono, I wish they did it in the smaller sizes.

My other watch right now is a Rolex Explorer and my next addition will probably be a Nomos Club. I'm jealous of your chrono, I wish they did it in the smaller sizes.

Well they do make the regular Seamaster in Chrono and those are very classy looking watches but for me as a chrono they look a bit too small but this might work for you as you like smaller watches.
The Nomos Club is a very nice watch, its got a clean everyday look that will work well for most occasions.

I also have the Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver, Panerai 104 and my latest addition is Cartier Roadster Chrono.
Still my Planet Ocean is my favorite, its as heavy as a tank and feels ultra solid (did I mention a tank LOL).

Watch collecting makes photography look like a cheap hobby :lol:

I used to own a Rolex Sub but found its 40mm size to be too small for me but maybe in the future I will get another one.

Well they do make the regular Seamaster in Chrono and those are very classy looking watches but for me as a chrono they look a bit too small but this might work for you as you like smaller watches.
The Nomos Club is a very nice watch, its got a clean everyday look that will work well for most occasions.

I also have the Ulysse Nardin Marine Diver, Panerai 104 and my latest addition is Cartier Roadster Chrono.
Still my Planet Ocean is my favorite, its as heavy as a tank and feels ultra solid (did I mention a tank LOL).

Watch collecting makes photography look like a cheap hobby :lol:

I used to own a Rolex Sub but found its 40mm size to be too small for me but maybe in the future I will get another one.
I know, I paid $4270 for my PO and that's not even close to a high end piece. They're two very different hobbies, but complement each other so well.

I didn't get a chance to shoot outside today, so I was playing around with my light tent. I wasn't too happy with my non-watch shots, but I thought this one was decent:

$Inverted.jpg
I call it Inverted by omega1234

I think you have some studying to do. Why is your DOF so shallow in each? Also, personally, I think your subject matter is meh. Those are also very very small files.

What a nice warm welcome for a fellow beginner huh? :er:

Most reactions

Back