IMG_7134.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

My zoom test!
IMG_0144.jpg

Last edited:
The horizon is off in the first one.

Love the squirell and his big belly.

Wow.

I've been considering the SX10 for a while now, but I've been debating whether or not to go right into DSLRs, since if I get one camera, I won't have enough money to get another for quite some time.

These are definitely some impressive shots.

Have you been having any trouble with the auto-focus? That's also a worry of mine for close-ups.

Ahhh - I love the squirrel picture! The rose is very appealing too. The only thing on the rose picture I would change is the thing off to the right - I think it is a lantern. It doesn't add anything to the pic & is a bit distracting from the beauty of the rose. If you have photoshop I would crop out the cabel in the sign photo. Also either straighten it or tilt it even more. As is, is not terribly exciting. As for the beach pic - the first thing I notice are the colors. Good job. Again, its slightly tilted - your beach goes up hill. I know you can't always control these things, but the picture would be so much better without the trash cans & beach sign.

Overall - enjoyable.

Wow.

I've been considering the SX10 for a while now, but I've been debating whether or not to go right into DSLRs, since if I get one camera, I won't have enough money to get another for quite some time.

Have you been having any trouble with the auto-focus? That's also a worry of mine for close-ups.

Everything about this camera I just love. Coming from an A630 and shooting in just the Auto/Mode for almost three years is a challenge for me with the SX10 IS. I have been studying the manual and exploring some of the settings out of Auto! It seems to focus incredibly. I can 20X zoom and get an nice crisp shot! It took me 6 months of research, reading all over the internet and finally deciding this camera had everything I wanted and more. The reg. batteries (which was what I also wanted) should last 6 months if you get the right ones. They are Energizer Lithium (silver ones)(number on the batteries is 2021) They are 10 bucks for a 4 pack. I buy two packs at a time so I have them for the year. Amazon has the best price on the camera right now...no tax, free shipping! Again, auto-focus works great!

Ahhh - I love the squirrel picture! The rose is very appealing too. The only thing on the rose picture I would change is the thing off to the right - I think it is a lantern. It doesn't add anything to the pic & is a bit distracting from the beauty of the rose. If you have photoshop I would crop out the cabel in the sign photo. Also either straighten it or tilt it even more. As is, is not terribly exciting. As for the beach pic - the first thing I notice are the colors. Good job. Again, its slightly tilted - your beach goes up hill. I know you can't always control these things, but the picture would be so much better without the trash cans & beach sign.

Overall - enjoyable.

Wow! You have an incredible photographers eye as do most ecperienced photogs here. I really appreciate the C&C, thanx. I have to learn to make sure everything is lined up and a go before I click! I am not used to doing that. Now I will make sure I do. I do not have any editing software except for what came with my camera. I just ordered photoshop elements for dummies so when I get it I will know if I can figure the program out or not before I buy it!
Thanx again for you C&C
Donna......;)

1. As everyone already said, the horizon line is tilted. If it had been me, I think I would have taken the shot from a lower angle so that the railing and walkway lead the eye right out to the ocean, but thats just my opinion.

2. I like the softness of the rose , the background is a tad busy, but its still a nice shot.

3. Adorable! Crisp focus, nice exposure. I love how you caught her slighty open mouth and half eaten [shelled part] peanut.

4.Except for the green against the blue sky, I don't find this one real interesting. Just a random thought....perhaps if you cloned out the cable and the light poles at the bottom right, leaving just the sign and steel brace poles, and then left just a small border of blue sky around the top, bottom and left of the sign, it might work better.;)

Wow.

Everything about this camera I just love. Coming from an A630 and shooting in just the Auto/Mode for almost three years is a challenge for me with the SX10 IS. I have been studying the manual and exploring some of the settings out of Auto! It seems to focus incredibly. I can 20X zoom and get an nice crisp shot! It took me 6 months of research, reading all over the internet and finally deciding this camera had everything I wanted and more. The reg. batteries (which was what I also wanted) should last 6 months if you get the right ones. They are Energizer Lithium (silver ones)(number on the batteries is 2021) They are 10 bucks for a 4 pack. I buy two packs at a time so I have them for the year. Amazon has the best price on the camera right now...no tax, free shipping! Again, auto-focus works great!

amazon has the best price? hmm i will check it out, thanks
clear.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back