First Studio Session: 5 photos for C+C

gsm275

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sure past my first year of photography so might be just edged past the beginner stage but still eager for any kind of feedback i can get. Yesterday i ended up doing my first studio photo-session with a class i'm taking. Would love to get some constructive feedback before i bring them in to class next week.

5225487037_3cab01eb3d_b.jpg

5226084056_00aa4c44f0_b.jpg

5226083950_b0311d0660_b.jpg

5226083902_f095d3e5f0_b.jpg

5226083974_4cc108186a_b.jpg

#2 and #5 need to be rotated for the verticals to be straight.

#2's a cool idea, but it look a little too warm. It should be a little warm, but not that much.

I think #3's a little underexposed.

I'd really like to see some eye contact, unless you're going for a specific look or something.

I like the first one a lot. I did an (extreme) edit on it, hope you don't mind.

xnqEa.jpg

IMO:
#1: very cool
#2: like it
#3: a little too dark for me on the right side
#4: something about seeing all that white in his eye is distracting for me
#5: like it

Overall, I'd say they are very good. :thumbup:

#2's a cool idea, but it look a little too warm. It should be a little warm, but not that much.

I'd really like to see some eye contact, unless you're going for a specific look or something.

xnqEa.jpg

wow, that is awesome!

xnqEa.jpg
nice edit. did you use ps? care to walk us through the post?

i'd love to know the post steps as well. reznap?

Sorry late reply.

Yes photoshop.
I embarrassed to say I ran this through a Topaz Adjust (something I never do) set for 'clarity.' I used the burn tool to darken the left side of the frame (more shadow on wall). I smoothed the skin a little bit with the blur tool, set for luminosity, think it was at like 20% strength, did a pass or two.

It's a messy edit, artifacts and stuff.. but I was bored from editing my own photos and I thought that one was really interesting. The biggest problem with the original is the lack of sharpness.

Most reactions

Back