First submission for C&C

Wadi1100D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

Here is my first submission for your comment and critique. I hope you like the photographs I have taken as I do not restrict to one particular style of photography and try and shoot many different things. Again, your comments and critique is most welcome. Thank you.

Gary.

Attachments

• $IMG_3960.jpg
    $IMG_3960.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • $IMG_3405.jpg
    $IMG_3405.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
  • $IMG_3392.jpg
    $IMG_3392.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • $IMG_3390.jpg
    $IMG_3390.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
  • $IMG_3322.jpg
    $IMG_3322.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 115
Not much to go on here. I suppose #2 is probably the best compositionally, but I wish you had taken 2 or 3 steps to ten o'clock to avoid the dark frame that is in the upper left corner.

#3 is level, but #4 is not, so even though #4 is "cleaner", the out of level spoils it.

Thank you for your criticism. I took nearly all the shots in a mall and i agree that # 2 is quite good except for the wall in the top left which happened by accident, I did not want to crop this photo as it was quite good. the third photo was taken at a lower light setting to reduce the glare from the sun as it was quite a bright day. I am not sure how you could notice which photo was level and which was not but I appreciate that you noticed that as well. I would like to know what you thought of the fifth photo of the mosaic pattern reflected onto the tile floor. Thank you for your feedback.

Like the pedestrian-scape in photo #1, the floor tiles simply don't speak to me.

I like #2, but as others have said, without the frame at upper left. #3/#4 would have been interesting if you had been able to use a tripod and gotten some movement from the people. I'm split on #1- I like the composition and framing but it seems to be too far away; maybe cropping the bottom and giving it a pseudo-panoramic feel? I'm not really sure.

Hi snowbear, thank you for your comments, I usually do not edit photos that I take, so I would be able to crop the first one but I do not know how to make it a pseudo panoramic photo. I do have photoshop so could you please advise on how to get the panoramic effect and also should I make the first photo b/w or leave it color?? Just FYI the first photo was taken as we were driving past the corniche in Sharjah, UAE. The second, third and fourth photos were taken at the Deira City Centre which is a mall here in Dubai.

Hiya :)

#1: I like the sun reflections. The composition isn't very interesting, however, and the exposure is off. Trees are cut off, too.
#2: meh... Kind of cool lines.
#3: I really like the shadows and colors on the floor. Here's a crop with some PP, just for example of what I like, not as something I'd consider a good image:

$IMG_3392.jpg

#4: I like the abstract quality, but I still see a tile floor/wall. If you can make it so I don't recognize it as such, I'd like it more. Cool patterns and colors.

Hi guys, thank you for your comments. I edited the first picture and changed it a bit and would like to know what you guys think

$corniche edited.jpg

Thank you all for your comments and critique. I really appreciate it.

Pictures like 3 and 4, I usually think if you're going to do a shot where part it's almost symmetrical, you either need to make it perfectly symmetrical or nowhere close. WIth 3 and 4, you shot them from just slightly off center enough to make them a bit uneasy feeling.

Nice grab on that jaemie. I really just dismissed them all as not interesting. Good pull on the abstract of the lights and shadows. A re-shoot of such area might be really cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back