What's new

First submission, your thoughts?

bikefreax

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
379
Reaction score
1
Location
Columbia, MO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As stated this is my first submission. I am proud of how it turned out but since it is winter here in Missouri the colors are not there. Will be going back springtime to get the green grass and leaves on the trees. Let me know what you think and what I can do better.

Bridge.jpg
 
i like it. i agree that going back in the spring would be good for colors. maybe a time of day when the long shadows wont be cast. maybe even try early morning and/or late evening

good job:thumbup:
 
Thanks for the info, I will try that in the spring. I just recently got my first DSLR, Olympus E-510, and have been taking pictures like crazy but this is the only one that really struck a cord with me. I thought I did a good job with the composition and feel I am getting better. More to come hopefully if it will ever stop freezing rain and snow around here.
 
Thank you. I am real happy with it just wish it would have had more color. Oh well now if spring would ever get here.
 
Thanks for the info, I will try that in the spring. I just recently got my first DSLR, Olympus E-510, and have been taking pictures like crazy but this is the only one that really struck a cord with me. I thought I did a good job with the composition and feel I am getting better. More to come hopefully if it will ever stop freezing rain and snow around here.

comp is very good in this one. since colors are dull this time of year, try taking some photos in b&w.

hey dont feel bad about taking lots of pics and not all of them being "power" shots.

happens to me too

just remember: no photog takes 100 photos and has 100 keepers.

good luck and looking forward to more from you
 
Funny you should say black and white. The thing I dont like about this is the powerlines. Tried to remove in photoshop but it looked starnge. I am also a photoshop newbie.

BridgeBW.jpg
 
i'm not the greatest with ps myself.......so i try to become a better photog :)


the only bad i see with the b&w (besides powerlines which arent that bad) some of the areas along the bank seem blown out (maybe rocky areas?). could possibly be fixed in ps
 
Like others said, nice composition of what would have otherwise been a boring shot. I'm in Rochester, NY so not a lot of color here right now either, but hey thats why there is summer!
 
btw you do have a good eye for photos and comp.

Thaks, I needed to hear that from someone as I am always down on myself. Like I said I have had the camera for a little over a month but for 2 weeks I was off for shoulder surgery so could not raise the camera up to take pictures.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom