First sunset shots attempts, Stanley Park, Vancouver

Milky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I am trying to take sunset shot.... I have 2 big issues, first one being that my pictures lack of colors... and that there is a lot of noise :/
For the noise I used Noise Ninja to try to reduce it, without bluring the details... for the colors, I try 2 different white balance on these shots, saturating a bit on red and yellow as well... Second picture was taken 10 minutes before the first one. C&C more than welcome!

Stanley_Park_Sunset_1_by_moshnride.jpg

Stanley_Park_Sunset_2_by_moshnride.jpg

Pretty cool colors. I wouldn't worry about noise too much on these because its not noticable. I would do a little somethin different with your composition though because you can't really tell what you're looking at with that rock formation. I think the second one would have been great without it.

Well I used noise ninja to reduce noise here, wasnt to pretty before hand! I wantedto use the rock, found it to be an interesting shape, but maybe would need to be used in a better way indeed.

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, if there were an angle that could cleanly show the base of the tree, that would be ideal... or you could always splash in some sky between the trunk and the close by rock that is obstructing the silhouette of the tree by cloning it in. ;)

Last edited:
1 seems a tad underexposed, and 2 would be brilliant without the rock in it.

Cheers for the advices guys!

Wow, the color in these are great. Siwash rock is hard to photograph at sunset. The silhouette is nice. The landscape oriented photo with the cargo ships in the background is the nicest photo I think. I've done a similar photo using exposure blending to bring some detail back into Siwash during sunset:
BrianTolin.com - Stanley Park

Gosh, your photo is good! You used HDR, long pose and polarized filter to see through the water? No flash I guess?
My picture was taken once tye sun was well behind the moutain, we got there to late... Will try again at some point!

Tried a different way of doing this ^^
Reflected_Clouds_by_moshnride.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back