First test run of the new lens

Congrats on the new glass. Great shots - nice and sharp! Looking forward to seeing more.

I have always like the Nikon versions better than the Sigma versions of lenses, there is a reason they cost more, they are worth more.
I tried a couple Sigmas and ended up selling them and replacing with the Nikon version so I have stopped buying third party knock off (counterfeit) equipment. By that I mean not actual Nikon made gear.

Depends a lot actually. Yes Nikkor usually (emphasis on usually) produces a lens with better image quality and better build quality, but not always. The one thing about Nikkor is that they definitely preserve their resale value much longer.

But of course a lot of the equation for amateur photographers like myself is, how much can you really justify spending and how much benefit do you get from that expense? Since I make no income from my photography it's much harder for folks like me to run out and spend 2 grand or more on a lens. For guys that make their living this way, well it's a different equation as it's a business investment.

I have always like the Nikon versions better than the Sigma versions of lenses, there is a reason they cost more, they are worth more.
I tried a couple Sigmas and ended up selling them and replacing with the Nikon version so I have stopped buying third party knock off (counterfeit) equipment. By that I mean not actual Nikon made gear.

Depends a lot actually. Yes Nikkor usually (emphasis on usually) produces a lens with better image quality and better build quality, but not always. The one thing about Nikkor is that they definitely preserve their resale value much longer.

But of course a lot of the equation for amateur photographers like myself is, how much can you really justify spending and how much benefit do you get from that expense? Since I make no income from my photography it's much harder for folks like me to run out and spend 2 grand or more on a lens. For guys that make their living this way, well it's a different equation as it's a business investment.
That's true, as a person that makes all or most of my income from photographs I have taken (and art I have made) when I buy a lens or art supplies it's like a contractor buying a new wrench, cost is not very important as it gets amortized and written off.

Most reactions

Back