First test run of the new lens

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, just aquired a Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 VR I. Looks like it's going to make an excellent replacement for the Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 HSM I that I was shooting with, the image quality is really oustanding by comparison.

Since the first picture I ever took after going digital was a Gorilla, well, figured that should be the first shot with the new lens as well:

20161006_1767 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

Also wandered by the tiger cubs to see what they were up too:

20161006_1954 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

20161006_2158 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

Nice new toy! Did you want me to move this to the 'Post a picture of yourself' thread?

Congrats on the new lens! The tiger cubs were posing for you again.

Very happy with the upgrade, seriously considered the VRII but for what I do a good, used VRI just made more sense.

I'm picking up the same lens tomorrow morning. A local photographer was selling it on Craigslist. Not sure how well I'm going to sleep tonight!

I have always like the Nikon versions better than the Sigma versions of lenses, there is a reason they cost more, they are worth more.
I tried a couple Sigmas and ended up selling them and replacing with the Nikon version so I have stopped buying third party knock off (counterfeit) equipment. By that I mean not actual Nikon made gear.

Congrats on the new lens! The tiger cubs were posing for you again.

Thanks Cheryl, went back this weekend and got some shots of them playing outside. Had a great time.

I'm picking up the same lens tomorrow morning. A local photographer was selling it on Craigslist. Not sure how well I'm going to sleep tonight!

Absolutely love mine, wish I would have upgraded quite some time ago. The image quality is just first rate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back