Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is my girlfriends tree frog Julio and my pacman frogs plop and whispering death (because it bit me so hard) lol and pepper the gecko

All of these suffer from too shallow a depth of field so that part of the 'face' is in focus and the rest is not.

lighting wise, these are good.
they just need a little more DOF.
dial in a smaller aperture to get more of the subject in focus.
you may have to adjust the flash a bit to compensate.
a lot of that is just trial and error getting placement and intensity where you want it.

Hey, thank you for the help. My aperture was f20 but I was also using a 85mm on a full frame. I have also never used a flash before in my life. To make the scene brighter I just adjusted the flash to +1.0 in order to be able to get a smaller f stop. Is that correct or is there a better way.

f/20?
surprising. doesnt look like much DOF for f/20, even on a FF camera.
are you sure it wasnt f/2?
1 and 3 in particular just scream small aperture shallow DOF.
well, if it is f/20, im at a loss short of using a longer lens from further back.

First I really like the shots, very nice. I think I see rectangular flash glare on all the eyes.

Dave

It's 100 percent f20 but I was also and inch from his face. It's my aunts flash she wanted me to try it. I also am borrowing my friends 85mm. I am thinking about buying the 60mm.

It's 100 percent f20 but I was also and inch from his face. It's my aunts flash she wanted me to try it. I also am borrowing my friends 85mm. I am thinking about buying the 60mm.

ah..
probably because you were so close.
still some nice shots.

Yes, these could have benefited from more DOF, but they are all very nice just as they are. You got the eyes beautifully sharp in each and the colors really pop under your flash.

Pretty good flash work! I like frogs. At this distance, even f/20 does not yield much depth of field...that's really a big issue with 3-D subjects at close ranger and high image magnification: the DOF zone is very,very small. But you did well.

I like them. I understand what people are saying but shoot, looks good to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back