First time here :)

Ch4ng3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

This is my first time on this forum and I'm also new to photography.

My name is Simon and I come from Slovenia, small country in Europe (you probably don't even know where this is :lol:). I study mechanical engineering and I'm really interested in photography. As I said I haven't done it before (only with standard digital camera).

Firstly I'd like to know which dSLR would be best for me? Where should I open a new thread? :)

Welcome! I am a structural engineer (close enough.. we take the same core classes).

Any dslr is better than no dslr! Go ahead an start another thread in the gear section. But we need to know your budget!

Welcome! Some of us actually do know about Slovenia. I've met a few people whose parents or grandparents came from there a long time ago and ended up in the NYC or Chicago area.

Yes, we need to know your budget and also what kind of photography interests you. It's probably a good idea to handle a Canon and a Nikon, either through friends that have one or at a store, and see which seems more comfortable.

Nuclear Engineer, here...welcome to the forum. Always nice to have more engineers around...

Most reactions

Back