first time holding a dlsr!

mxracer32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.easterndirt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i got my 20d last week, but it wasnt until today that i got my first lense, i went with a sigma 24-70 2.8. it was already starting to get dim when i got home from work so i only could get a couple shots outside, and then some of my cat because....well, i couldnt think of anything else to shoot. this is my first dslr, i just started getting hooked on photography. i got it to take action shots of motocross and dirtbikes mainly, but i also take some exotic vacations that i felt justified getting this camera.

i am reading the manual and searching online, trying to learn as much as possible. i know nothing about all the features yet, but im learning as i go....

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

#4 is a nice portrait picture of your cat. Grats on the new camera and lens!

Sam

thanks. im trying to do something different with each photo, like the 6th one looks bad\plain, but i was experimenting with keeping an object in focus, that is not centered in a\the pic. hopefully i can really do some shooting this weekend. im looking forward to it.

the last picture freaks me out, your cat looks evilllll!!!!

haha, evil? no...overweight? YES! she gets winded between getting up from her nap and walking to her food bowl. she then has to take another nap halfway from her food bowl back in route to her sleeping spot. LAZY!!....

I have a 30D, the EOS series are seriously good cameras! Anyway you're starting to get the hang of it, I am a relative newbie too. Reading the manual, or downloading it from the Canon website (www.canonusa.com) will help or just start playing around. Try exposure settings, aperture, white balance, color settings, etc. I've had my 30D for just over a month and once i figure out some of the basic settings I've really been able to take some nice pictures. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back