First time in a proper studio [Meltdown]

tingeliM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Meltdown

The concept for this photo came to my mind when I first heard 30 Seconds To Mars' song "Hurricane",
and I got the final vision on a sleepless night as I was rolling around in my bed.
I got to execute it last weekend and it was my first time shooting in a proper studio environment.
A friend of mine helped out and taught me about the lighting stuff. I'm really stoked about this image, because it's probably the first photo I've done that has been exactly as I saw it in my mind.
It was my first time working with the model, Johanna, too and she was just awesome.

Let me know what you think! =)

That's really awesome! Nice lighting and I think that was a great application of the affect that you used :sillysmi:

I wish there was a bit of spotting in the middle around her head to make the shot more cohesive.

IgsEMT & e.rose, thanks! ^^

DiskoJoe, it was by design that the middle one would be "clean" and calm. Thanks for commenting! ^^

Well done. Anytime you can envision a concept and achieve it in the final image, it's a good day.

Very cool. How do you acheive that effect? Are those water or ink drops over the image?

Well done. Anytime you can envision a concept and achieve it in the final image, it's a good day.

Tell me about it! It's a great feeling indeed. ^^

Very cool. How do you acheive that effect? Are those water or ink drops over the image?

The effect is called a displacement effect. Google offers multiple tutorials for it. Aaand.....hmm...the drops were made with a free brush, so...they're whatever you want them to be ;)

Most reactions

Back