First time picture post

irish_love

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first pic post. Give me some C&C. Be harsh!!!! I just adjusted the curves a little in photoshop and crop.

boat-web.jpg

boat2-web.jpg

Thanks.

edit..D60 with the 18/55mm kit lens

Last edited:
C&C per req:

1. An interesting image; I like the elements and the sense of space provided by the two people at the water's edge, but the composition with the boat doesn't work well for me. I think it might have been better shot from an angle so that you could see straight along the beach, with the boat off to the side.

2. Not really fond of this one; two many softly focused elements in the background competeing for attention.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I like #1. It is an interesting image and for me, the horizontal lines work. Especially with the 2 people in the water to add depth.

I agree on #2, the background is distracting with all the people and the boats.

Awesome. Good C&C's. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!!!

Here are a few more I took at my mother-in-laws ranch.

truck-2-webcopy.jpg

truck-web.jpg

I did a little photoshop on both of them. Any better?

I'm a noob but I really like the truck shots :) I personally would like to see more of the landscape in the second shot, but some people might be distracted by that. I think it would make an interesting contrast between the rusty old truck and the timeless, unchanged landscape. I love the colors though, did you do any post processing?

The first pic has some photoshop plugin I used. The second pic I just did a little tweaking with curves.

Most reactions

Back