First time poster

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all:

I first visited this site/forum today & after reading some of the posts am wondering if there is a forum for pre-beginners. :D Wow, technical talk I never heard. Not to worry, I say to myself, you are here to learn.

Here are a couple shots I took this week by our ponds.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

Well welcome to the forum. You are going to hear alot of technical jargon on here but bear with it, you will get it.

Welcome! I'd say you're past the pre-beginner stage judging by those macro shots. Nice work! As for the technical mumbo-jumbo, yeah, a lot of it. If there's something you miss, just yell. Someone will explain it.

Hi, that is nice shots of yours. I hope you shoot nikon, cause if you don't we'll be on the opposite side. My dad says I am good so I must be good and you must agree :D.

Anyway, welcome and have a seat, feel at home.

Welcome!! a lot of nice people here ...... well ... as long as you did not try to start any thing ... like C is ahead of N or M is better than W.:D

Enjoy and welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome folks, I had some apprehension after reading one thread that got nasty.

tirediron, I, possibly incorrectly, thought a macro was a picture taken up close with the camera set @ macro. These two pictures we taken from a distance using the zoom.

passerby, I use my Nikon to take pictures of my supper for posting on another forum; I use the Canon for nature shots. :)

red2.jpg

A canon and a nikon -- just what sort of monster are you ;)

And you are right about the macro type shots - double points for getting those with a zoom!
I think your squirrel is well shot and its always good to see the reds, but judging by the noise (little dots) and overall look I would guess you were shooting way beyond the best range for your camera.

Good to see you about and welcome to the forum - Hope to see you are your shots around the place!

Overread, the squirrel was shot @ full optical zoom @ a distance of about 25'. I must confess I do not see the "noise" (my monitor) but would like to know how one reduces it.

Another question: do we have to use a third party host such as Photobucket to post pictures here? I see no way to upload a photo from my computer to this forum.

Welcome,

It looks like the dragonfly shots were taken with a DSLR and the squirrel was shot with a Point and Shoot?

There is a huge difference in IQ (image quality) I do like the dragonfly shots.

Welcome,

It looks like the dragonfly shots were taken with a DSLR and the squirrel was shot with a Point and Shoot?

There is a huge difference in IQ (image quality) I do like the dragonfly shots.

Same camera, Canon 5S IS. Big difference in distance between camera & subject. Dragonfly about 6', Squirrel about 25'.

tirediron, I, possibly incorrectly, thought a macro was a picture taken up close with the camera set @ macro. These two pictures we taken from a distance using the zoom.

I tend to use the term 'macro' to define any close-up work or high-magnification photography (short of microscopy), regardless of lens or settings.

Welcome to TPF.

I use my Nikon to take pictures of my supper for posting on another forum; I use the Canon for nature shots.
Must be some mighty fine cusine you eat then.

A canon and a nikon -- just what sort of monster are you!
Pssst... Overread, he's not a monster....only another confused Canadian (GTA). You know how they are and get so funny about things....like penguins and such. :lmao:

Great shots Ron. I'm seeing some noise, but likely due to a harsh crop. Keep posting.

i'm guessing the noise you're seeing is probably because the camera boosted the ISO automatically to compensate for a darker scene, where with the dragonfly photos were in bright sunlight. I like the dragonfly ones.

those are good!
pre-beginner... psssssssh y'okay! :) hehe

I think you could help that squirrel photo in photoshop, but I'm not sure how much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back