What's new

First time posting photos.

Altaholic

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Star of India sailing ship at San Diego Harbor.

1)
masts.jpg

20mm f/13.0 1/320s ISO 400


2)
rigging.jpg

30mm f/11.0 1/250s ISO 400


Still working my way through Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure, so I know that needs work.

Somethings I know I dont like:
In #1 the sun is too high, need to get there earlier. Wish I could get that ticket tent out of the foreground, but short of standing on a ladder or a tourists car :mrgreen: , that is about the best vantage point I could get.

#2 is far more "busy" than I visualized. I wanted to show how complex the sailing ships were, but now that I see it on the computer, it's just looking cluttered to me. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Other than resizing, no post processing done. Want to get more comfortable with the camera and my technique before I start to try to learn another tool. Walk before you run. :wink:

C+C most welcome. OTE.

Glenn
 
I was in San Diego last August (2006) and the area by the harbour is quite cluttered .... you #1 shot is great .... although it might have looked a fraction darker with an ISO 200. Mostly I shot at ISO 100 when I was there. But each to their own ... Look forward to seeing more of you SD photos :)
 
Thanks for the ISO suggestion Lensmeister, will have to try that next time.

Rest assured I will be posting up more photos. :D


Glenn
 
i do not agree on the second one being to cluttered ... it is full of lines, yes, but that is more like a structure, it is not really filled with lots of different things if you know what I mean.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom