First Time Shooting EVER (Central Park)

otnemem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My girlfriend and I just chipped in for a dSLR. Our combined experience amounts to taking snapshots of people at parties and whatnot, so this was the first time we really went out trying to capture interesting subjects. Feel free to hurl your abuse - it's the only way I'll learn. Suggestions also welcome.

(1)
centralparkday071201000at2.jpg

(2)
0712020095rc7.jpg

(3)
centralparkday071201004eq5.jpg

(4)
centralparkday071201002xs1.jpg

Hiya otnemem, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

While we really want everyone who is willing to learn more get the CHANCE to learn, we won't have any "abuse hurled" at anyone here. ;)

And why?
These photos show that there is no reason to hurl abuse at anyone (yourself, your girlfriend). You are testing interesting points of view, you play (successfully) with your DOF (depth of field). They are exposed right, you dare to go close to your subject, focus is good ... just go from there! Looks like you are on the right track.

Thanks for the comments. These were all shot in aperture priority mode and then edited in Camera Raw 4.1. I did learn how to shoot in full manual, but I feel like it just makes more sense to use aperture or shutter priority modes? This could be wrong.

Sweet_a, thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

4th shot is really good bro.. i like how theres people walking but you kept your focus on the bench.. looks good man. keep up the good work.. any questions hit us up.. im also in nyc so maybe we can shoot one day.

Thanks for the comments. These were all shot in aperture priority mode and then edited in Camera Raw 4.1. I did learn how to shoot in full manual, but I feel like it just makes more sense to use aperture or shutter priority modes? This could be wrong.

Sweet_a, thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

leave the full manual for the pro's/semi pros. i see alot of people get a slr and start messing with fully manual options and there images look like crap.. be sure you know what everything ur setting is and does, and know the distance beetween u and ur subject. it will all come in time. its not only the camera its your eye bro.

I use Av a lot. Prefectly fine way of shooting. Sometimes you'll find tzhat your camera is misreading the lighting, so you may choose to go manual to override the assumed correct exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back