What's new

First time shooting with new camera & new lens. C&C please

kylehess10

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
149
Reaction score
10
Location
Acworth, GA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went from using a Nikon D80 with a 18-135mm lens to a Nikon D90 with a 70-200mm f2.8 lens. Pretty big upgrade in my opinion. I took some practice shots with a friend of mine at her high school as well as on some train tracks in town. A reflector was used on picture #1 & #4. Please let me know what you think. Thanks :D



1:

1-4.jpg





2:

2-3.jpg




3:

3-4.jpg




4:

4-4.jpg
 
I like 2 but I feel it could be a little brighter.

That 2.8 glass is great isn't it!?

and P.S. I have a strict "no cell phone" rule when I am doing portraits. I had a mom one time talk on her phone the whole time, and when I was going to shoot, she just told the person on the other line to hang on and held the phone behind her. That ruined every shot.
 
I like 2 but I feel it could be a little brighter.

That 2.8 glass is great isn't it!?

and P.S. I have a strict "no cell phone" rule when I am doing portraits. I had a mom one time talk on her phone the whole time, and when I was going to shoot, she just told the person on the other line to hang on and held the phone behind her. That ruined every shot.


Oh yea....definitely loving this 2.8....and I'm expecting on getting a 50mm f/1.8 next week. Can't wait to try that one out!

And I definitely agree on your no cellphone rule. I didn't even realize she had a phone in her hands until I looked!
 
I like the 1st and 3rd one myself. My eyes are wanting to focus on the trees lights in teh 2nd one for some reason. However I really like her pose on the rail road tracks.
 
I think #1, #2 and #4 are exceptionally good shots.
 
i'm so jealous... i want a 70-200mm for my nikon so bad!

nice pictures! the DOF is beautiful!
 
i think that lens is taking very good and sharp pictures.
 
Thanks for your input guys. The 70-200mm lens is actually made by Sigma! I got it for $460 on eBay, and it's in brand new condition. It makes me curious to know how much better the Nikkor lens would be, if the Sigma is already giving me really nice results. I went out and took some more pictures today of a friend of mine in Atlanta. After some touch-ups with the color levels and some sharpening added, these come out very nice though coming from a Sigma lens.


35a0kfr.jpg


2czr7gy.jpg





That's the entire city of Atlanta in the background. A little hard to tell though
xaxbhk.jpg
 
great shots. i heard alot of great things about that lens.
 
To answer your question the IQ on Nikon's lens would be better by a considerable margain. Of course the price is considerably more as well...

I like #2 the best, at first I did not think she was looking directly at the camera but upon closer inspection it looks like she is, it's a tad underexposed and I'd maybe have her tilt her head upwards just a bit. But still a pretty nice image.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom