What's new

First time user of Photamatix

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After getting photomatix yesterday, these are the products of my HDR attempts. Photomatix does seam much easier to use versus photoshop, to bad I lack the skill to maximize either's potential. At least it's an intersting challenge to puruse....

3977484374_7655112163_b.jpg



3977481722_dd854ca607_b.jpg
 
I would say these are just a wee bit over done. The tones look way off. But if this is the look you're going for, the kind of surreal digital art look, then I guess you're on the right track. But personally I don't like HDR's that are over processed and look too fake. I use them to bring more detail in to shots that otherwise would be too dark or too bright.
 
I too, prefer the style you describe. I tried for a little while, but eventually gave up. I dont think I had enough seperation in the original exposures to get a true HDR affect.
 
look like paintings to me... you can see the halos btwn the foreground and the sky in the 2nd one also... not sure if you minded that or not...

how do you take HDR w/ a bunch of ppl in the shot? doesn't their movement btwn frames screw things up at all?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom