First time using Film- C&C appreciated!

Is that strong vignetting perhaps a mis-matched lens shade? Your compositional style is what many would call "unstudied". It seems to me that your tendency,at least in these three photos, is to frame people a bit too LOW in the frame, leaving excessive top space. I am not a fan of the black corners. I hope you enjoy that wonderful Sigma 50!

I agree with the low framing. However, you do seem to have an understanding of the "rule of thirds" which keeps your photo composition from looking too "unstudied". I'm also not a fan of the dark corners, especially on the third photo. It could have been a more commanding photo but the vignetting darkens the photo and takes away from the rest of the scene.

Film is a wonderful medium, I hope you enjoy it!

Don't care for the dark corners but I love seeing someone using film. I like photo #1 but find the others hard to concentrate on... Whatever you do, lose that date.

I didn't realize my photos would have the date on them. The vignetting also came as a surprise and I'm still trying to figure out exactly why that happened, as I find it to be distracting as well. Thanks for the comments on "low framing". I understand exactly what you are saying with that and will take it into consideration when shooting next time!

Well , New jersey girl, welcome. I was born and raised in New Jersey.

I like # 1 the best also

It is ok to turn your camera on it's side occasionally, and shoot in vertical format! People are kind of vertical.. so it works! ;)

On the vignetting.. were you using filters? Lens Hood?

I like #1...yet i feel if the background has nothing to offer, why not use a low DOF to blur 'em out???

Seeing the vignette, i thought you added them later as a frame.....
Her position in the second image should have been more to right which would make the image more potential....
Regards :D

Most reactions

Back