First time using my lenses

Lady_A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All I have to work with is a Canon Powershot A590 IS. I figured it's a start:D
I'm still learning how everything works on the camera. I've had the powershot for two years and I'm just now getting interested :lol

Now for the first pic, I totally messed up and used the wrong filter :lol But after looking at it, I thought it was pretty cool.
IMG_0419-2.jpg

I used the correct filter on this one.
IMG_0423.jpg

I wanted to capture the clouds with the plam tree.
IMG_0432.jpg

With this one, I live on the second floor of my apartment building and looked down and saw a little tree. I used my telephoto lens. I really like this pic.
IMG_0436.jpg

Our wedding rings. After doing alot of reading on this site I see a lot of flaws in this one. Not sure if I can fix it or just take a better picture.
IMG_0346.jpg

C+C Are welcomed :) Thanks for looking.

You might want to be sure that you're not in the picture. You're reflected in the rings ! Or maybe you wanted to be ?

It’s hard working with a Powershot, but it’s better than nothing! Shots get difficult when you start losing light...the little cameras don’t get much color.

Your “wrong filter” shot looks better than the other!

I know you like your little tree, but I think you see more of it when you look at your pic than we do, and that’s because you’ve seen the entire tree. For us, the pic is just some leaves. You did get a nice green, but it’s hard for anything to pop out. I noticed that in the center there were two leaves with a bit of symmetry to them, so I just cropped them and did some processing. I sharpened the leaves and added local contrast, and I blurred everything else. Don’t think it’s much more interesting, but at least there’s something to focus on and a little bit of pattern to lead the eye around.

forumedit1.jpg

The rings are okay...just need to simplify the scene a little and make the rings’ detail stand out a little more. I cropped and sharpened a little and added local contrast.

forumedit2.jpg

Oh...and I realized I accidentally made the images larger...oops! :D
Thank you very much for your input. I will definitely keep that in mind when I take more pictures :)

You might want to be sure that you're not in the picture. You're reflected in the rings ! Or maybe you wanted to be ?
:lol: I totally spaced on that. It was only when I was looking at this picture, I realized I was right smack in the middle lol. I didn't want that.
I'm just going to have to play around some more with the rings and try to stay out of the picture.
Thank you for your input :D

Most reactions

Back