First Time with Vertical Panoramas and Waterfalls - C&C

Chriss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Up in North Carolina for a week, and I'm absolutely lovin' it. Today we rented a pontoon boat and drove it into this cove, where we found a trail into this really trippy jungle place. There were a couple great waterfalls there, really a fantastic sight. So this is my first time shooting waterfalls, as well as the first time i've ever done vertical panoramas. Lemme know what you guys think.

Theres a few pretty harsh hotspots in this one, but overall I like the smooth flow of the water, as well as the color.

Waterfall Pano by ChrisShoemaker, on Flickr

This is my favorite of the bunch that I took today. Unfortunately I didn't have an ND filter with me, but I sort of like the reflections on the rocks.

Waterfall by ChrisShoemaker, on Flickr

White balance seems off in both..... water looks blue/green to me.

hi new to this site today, i`ve only got my dslr last week and if i could get photo`s like yours first time i`d be a very happy chappy....well done from someone who knows nothing yet....lol

I like the second one, and agree with 480sparky that the white balance is off (although not in an awful way, but it does look off). But I also agree with frogman above. The second photo in particular is really good, especially for a beginner. Good work.

I really appreciate all the comments guys, thank you very much! As for the white balance, it is a bit on the cooler side but I personally like the color it gives the water.

Whats in the middle of the second shot? There's like a little blur there. The first is alright, but the second is much stronger. Good job.

Ahh that would be an "attempt" to clone out this really annoying tree branch that stuck out into the frame. I could probably do a better job if I took some more time, but I was being lazy. Thank you though!

Most reactions

Back