First Timelapses

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there!

A while ago I gave a brief attempt at timelapses and I kinda liked the results. This is nothing like those amazing HD Timelapse videos you see out there, but I was trying to learn the basics. Maybe in the future I'll come back with something better. :mrgreen:

I see a lot of room for improvement but it never hurts to get some honest criticism to see if we're missing something important.

Golden Silhouettes

It only allows me to include 1 video, so I'll just put the link for the other 3

Love the shifting colors on these 2, specially by the last third of each.

Windstorm in B&W with some cheap sound added in post

Thanks for watching! Have a nice day!

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat stuff. It's a good start. I started messing around with it a couple months ago and through trial and error I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Making checklists for the set up & work flow is key. If you forget one thing you could easily waste hours and a couple thousand shutter actuations.... But it sure is fun to see the results!

There a couple I finished and uploaded:

SZPLAWNFINAL720 - YouTube

SZP Time Lapse - YouTube

Try cars at night! You really have to nail the shutter speed so you don't quick flashes of light or just constant streaks. Then go for stars. That's actually how I stumbled upon time lapse. I was shooting a bunch of star images to stitch and turns out it made a better time lapse!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back