First timers

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive never seen the bugs you can see below. So these were all first timers for me :mrgreen:

Park168.jpg

Park169.jpg

Park170.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

"oh wow, look there"
"where?"
"come on......cant you see it.......its right there"
"still dont see it, what im i looking for?"
"well, for a BUMP offcourse"
"ooohhhh, the BUMP.....yeah i can see that one allright"

those are great!!!

bugs give me the heeby-jeebies... but that's awesome photography!! :)

"oh wow, look there"
"where?"

It's your usual top of the line macro insect work, the only difference the bugs are....unique. I know I sure as hell have no clue as to what they are and I have a feeling most of the others who viewed them are in the same position. Kinda hard to comment when we don't knoe or have any ties to the bug shown :(

"oh wow, look there"
"where?"
looking for compliments are we? :)

Your macro work certainly is impressive.

I love the colour of the bug's eyes in that second shot.

Ive always wondered Doenoe, or "Dan" as some people say, if it is completely neccessary to use a ringlite to get the crispness you get but i know all you use is 430 and a soft box which is alot less pricey then the MR14. however do you find the soft box is a bit bulky carrying around in the bush? thats what im debating right now...

those are great!!!

bugs give me the heeby-jeebies... but that's awesome photography!!
Thank you. Bugs shouldnt give you the heeby-jeebies. Just be glad they are around and have a closer look every now and then. Maybe you can apreciate them a bit more then :)
It's your usual top of the line macro insect work, the only difference the bugs are....unique. I know I sure as hell have no clue as to what they are and I have a feeling most of the others who viewed them are in the same position. Kinda hard to comment when we don't knoe or have any ties to the bug shown
Thanks for the reply :) I just started to try and give the bugs i photograph names. Sometimes its very easy, sometimes i cant even find out what they are. But from now on i will do my best and give you the names of the bugs on the pics :)
Your macro work certainly is impressive.

I love the colour of the bug's eyes in that second shot.
Yeah, he probably saw night fever or another disco movie. Thanks for the comment :)
love #2 and #3
Cheers :)
Ive always wondered Doenoe, or "Dan" as some people say, if it is completely neccessary to use a ringlite to get the crispness you get but i know all you use is 430 and a soft box which is alot less pricey then the MR14. however do you find the soft box is a bit bulky carrying around in the bush? thats what im debating right now...
(some people say Daan, which is my real name ;)) But like you said, as far as i can see its not really neccessary to use a ringlight. I can get some very nice images with the Lumiquest. It is rather big and sometimes i have problems to get my camera close enough, due to branches or other stuff. But you just try and if you cant get the shoot you want, you just live with it (after you cursed for a few moments). There is always another bug to take pics of :)

Awesome! As usual!

gawd, what'll we do if you ever post an average shot?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back