First try at natural light. C&C

MrsLittle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Incirlik Air Base, Adana Turkey (thank you Air For
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The selective coloring is pulling focus away from their faces.

I think you did a great job. I'm new to photography and hope to take pics like dat

Very nice shots.. except for the selective coloring! That takes a nice shot, and makes it annoying! :)

Thanks for the encouragement. These were all shot in JPEG with a WB of 6250K, before I decided to shoot RAW so I won't have the too warm effect anymore.

If you use PS or PSE you can adjust the color cast on jpegs to true up the color.

1 is nice but I agree too warm.
2 is beautiful
3 doesn't work at all. all I see is a bunch of red blotches.
I felt like I was looking at highlight clipping in ACR.

Could you post #3 in the original color version please.
Those are some cut kids.

WB is too warm on #1.

What sort of feedback is this exactly, Ron???? I have to say I'm not a fan of feedback which just points out something someone has done wrong!! Feedback should be balanced!

Overall, I think you did a good job, tweaks on white balance are very simple to carry out. I think the composition and feeling of the images is spot on.

WB is too warm on #1.

What sort of feedback is this exactly, Ron???? I have to say I'm not a fan of feedback which just points out something someone has done wrong!! Feedback should be balanced!
Perhaps Ron did not have time to write a lengthy response but seemed that the WB was the most important thing that needed fixing. Ease up on the exclamation points. You look like you are going to have an aneurysm.

With that said, I kind of liked the warmth of the original. The selective coloring is annoying. No offense. Watch the edge of the frame. My biggest grip is that you are clipping body parts on every shot in ways that I find to take away from the picture. Overall, nice shots from what I am able to see.

The kid in the middle on #1 looks like his head was photoshopped on someone else's body.

It seems to me that as a group we are doing a really good job at derailing flow and attacking one another for what we don't like about another's post and less of a good job at critiquing photos.

Ron is a man of few words. Leave him alone.

I prefer the color version of #3, much better.
Now if that's a crop I would open it up.
Give me back the cut off the sides of the kids on the left, right, and the bottom.

Most reactions

Back