pictures of strangers in times square

elementguy13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these last night.. good thing they didn't see me or I'd seem like quite the creep :p Photos turn out the best when people are acting natural. I thought the pictures were pretty interesting.. what are your thoughts?

DSC5746-5-XL.jpg

DSC5754-7-XL.jpg

Funny how the stroller pusher, and stroller occupant are both looking at the camera.

The first one is great. It looks like it should top the a magazine article.
And as Bitter Jeweler mentioned, the kid and her mom pushing the stroller are looking at the camera.
The second one looks decent.

I really like the first one, although the expression of the women pushing the stroller is a bit distracting lol. Shame she looked that way.

Both are great and I prefer the first shot. I suggest you to blur the background a little to omit distraction caused by the stroller and her child.

Definitely a NO.

Both are great and I prefer the first shot. I suggest you to blur the background a little to omit distraction caused by the stroller and her child.

I suggest taking wider shots next time. Go farther away or something. their heads and feet are too close to the edge. Or just cut off their legs and put more room on top.

Definitely a NO.

I suggest taking wider shots next time. Go farther away or something. their heads and feet are too close to the edge. Or just cut off their legs and put more room on top.

I agree. I really need to buy a new lens sometime soon as my only lenses are the nikkor 70-210 and 50mm 1.8. I'd really like the Tokina 11-16mm!

another edit: which one do you like better?

DSC5746-5-XL.jpg

DSC5746-3-XL.jpg

Last edited:
a more shallow depth of field in these shots would have made a HUGE difference however i do love candid shots and these are very good.. just wish there was less detail in the backgrounds

A shallow DoF is not always the answer. In fact, a shallow DoF is often used inappropriately.

KmH said:
A shallow DoF is not always the answer. In fact, a shallow DoF is often used inappropriately.

Not to be a jerk, but would you mind giving some examples? As a beginner I could benefit from them.

Most reactions

Back