First try at newborn photography

CarlosFrazao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So a week ago I tried my hand at a newborn shoot I have done 2 before but it was just lifestyle shots and not really posed.. it was a very cloudy day so natural light wasn't much at all I used a nikon d500( who said it can only shoot birds lol) a tamron 35mm 1.8vc and a flash... can you guys please tell me what you think and also any CC will be very much appreciated.. thanks Carlos
1)
IMG_3537.JPG
2)
IMG_3538.JPG
3)
IMG_3588.JPG

I'm no baby photographer so can't really give worthwhile C&C but I like them; especially #1.

I love the pose and expression in the first shot but in that one and shot #2 you can kind of see the flash - if you know what I mean. I like the 3rd shot best, the lighting and colors seem better to me. That 2nd shot, that's a cool floor but distracting from the subject for me.

I think #1 and #3 are brilliant, maybe a bit cool on the color temp for newborns, but that's my personal preference and nothing more. On #2 I'm not in love with the lighting, I think the flash is a stop too high and a bit too hard on the baby's face.

I'm no baby photographer so can't really give worthwhile C&C but I like them; especially #1.
thanks you very much
thanks bud this is a whole lot different than my wildlife im used to
I love the pose and expression in the first shot but in that one and shot #2 you can kind of see the flash - if you know what I mean. I like the 3rd shot best, the lighting and colors seem better to me. That 2nd shot, that's a cool floor but distracting from the subject for me.
thanks alot totally understand what you saying about the light will definitely work on that, haha yeah the floor is awesome thought it would make a cool random shot
I think #1 and #3 are brilliant, maybe a bit cool on the color temp for newborns, but that's my personal preference and nothing more. On #2 I'm not in love with the lighting, I think the flash is a stop too high and a bit too hard on the baby's face.
thanks man appreciate the comments i will check on my temp and lighting, you could be correct about the flash i really don't actually know how to set a flash learning as i go along, but im getting there.
Good job

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back