What's new

first try : OCF

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 15, 2011
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
1,876
Location
Texas (Hill Country)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I finally got all the right equipment and was able to try out my ocf. Unfortunately, I didn't have a model that would sit and cooperate but I was able to get this shot of my son. I think the lighting is pretty nice but I would love any critique. Flash was on 1/32 I think (is there no way to look back on this?). The modifier was about 18 inches away, as high as it could go (8 ft ceiling) and angled down.


off camera flash (try 1) by paige_w, on Flickr



off camera flash (try 1) by paige_w, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Bump! Bad ? Good? Going out tonight with a model so tell me what I did wrong 😊
 
I think it looks good! When you say "modifier", what do you mean? Like an umbrella or a softbox? I'm just about to pull the trigger on an ocf starter kit, my curiosity has gotten the better of me I'm afraid!
 
I think it looks good! When you say "modifier", what do you mean? Like an umbrella or a softbox? I'm just about to pull the trigger on an ocf starter kit, my curiosity has gotten the better of me I'm afraid!
thank you! I have the photek softlighter. I think it classifies as an umbrella but it has a cover on it so....??? LOL I had an actual softobx before this and I really like the umbrella, so much easier to use. It is scary, there are so many choices!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom