What's new

First try on water drop

K.Li

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first attempt at water drop, I don't have a flash yet but I have one on the way here that I bought yesterday. Hopefully I can get better ones once I do.

4343164464_4ac77f9535_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
It's a beautiful shot. Makes the water look almost solid, like a crystal or something.
 
Thats a great first attempt!
Just off center enough to allow for the ripples to still be part of the image. The colours are also really nice.
If you dont have a flash, how did you shoot this? Camera popup flash? Did you use a macro lens or just a regular lens really close..
 
this is awesome! i love it!
 
I used a sigma 70-200 f2.8 which isn't a true macro lens but it all went well. But I had to stand more then a meter away due to the sigma minimum focus being 1m.

I used the camera pop up flash, I was worried that it would make things too flat but seems to be fine with water relfecting the light all around.
 
Ive been working on this as well! yours turned out a lot better than mine!
:thumbup:
 
I'd say that's a great first attempt as well. The water has a dreamy look to it. The first water drop I did were with my pop up flash as well. It's good you were 1m+ away as my photos it was pretty obvious I used my flash.
 
at about 5 o clock of the droplet there is a black dot and further down there is a white line, are they dust on the sensor? or would it be on the lens.
 
holey moley! thats your first attempt! thats so friggen good! (actually good is an understament) is it edited at all?
 
K.Li said:
at about 5 o clock of the droplet there is a black dot and further down there is a white line, are they dust on the sensor? or would it be on the lens.

I see it now. Could be either one I would guess. Another possibility is a grain of sand or lint in the actual water? They're so small though, you could easily clone those out I assume.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom