First try with Kodak T-Max

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by drlynn, Sep 23, 2003.

1. motcon

motcon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    the kodak tcn has a brownish tint to it that allows it to be printed on color paper. it should, of course, be printed on b&w paper for optimal results, but then again optimal would be a darkroom with conventional film, which you don't yet have.

question i forgot to ask: what type of metering system did you use for these shots?

2. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

I just used the TTL meter on my Rebel Ti, shooting some in Aperture Priority mode, and some in manual. I rated the film at ISO 320, just to experiment, based on some suggestions I had heard on another photography site.

I've been looking at spots, but haven't started actively putting money aside for one yet.

3. motcon

motcon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    320 is what i recommend for that film as well. one thing to keep in mind; if you have a high contrast situation, rate it at 400. your lab develops the roll at 400 anyway, and while under rating it makes your shadows crisper, the over development will blow out your whites.

a spot would be a nice investment, but it really serves well when you can develop your own.

4. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

A darkroom is right now a long-term goal, not in the near future. With a 3 year-old and another one due in a weeks or so, we don't have the space right now.