First try with strobes

sibebabe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had a hard time with the exposure on the strobes and getting the shadows out, color correct, and white balance!! So I went black and white!

$image-2668252813.jpg

That's a cute photo, but I'd ditch the tilt. It makes it look like the kid is skiing down a hill, pushing a block.

I agree ^^ the tilt gives the image an awkward appearance; What sort of issues were you having with exposure and white balance; how were you metering?

In a way, the tilt does work with the facial expression if you look at it another way.
Gives it a delightful 'quirk'!

The foreground shadows could be dodged out to give it a more polished studio look....
:)

I was on whole scene meter. Have just recently discovered the advantage of spot metering especially with kids and the vinegarette works on darker pictures.

$image-449740831.jpg

Here it is in color. I cloned out a shadow all down his back. I kinda like the tilt with this look. But it's just my kid I'm bias! I have also learned next white shot turn up the exposure a stop or two to get that white. What about black backgrounds do you turn it down, still use spot metering?

I was on whole scene meter. Have just recently discovered the advantage of spot metering especially with kids and the vinegarette works on darker pictures.

View attachment 55225

Here it is in color. I cloned out a shadow all down his back. I kinda like the tilt with this look. But it's just my kid I'm bias! I have also learned next white shot turn up the exposure a stop or two to get that white. What about black backgrounds do you turn it down, still use spot metering?

If your using strobes you don't use your cameras meter :confused: set it to the K value of your lights and shoot in raw

I did not know that! Total new to me! Thanks! I'll try that.

Most reactions

Back