First two photos with T4i. Tips?

StevenJohnson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
stevenandrewjohnson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These two photos are my first two photos ever taken with my brand new Canon Rebel T4i. Have a LOT to learn. Any tips on IOS, Aperture and Shutter speed would be greatly appreciated!
$IMG_0018.jpg
$IMG_0032.jpg

Tip: learn how ISO, Shutter Spd, and ap work together by playing in different modes trying different settings and look at the out come in the image.

That's how I learned a bit. Of course, reading Understanding Exposure v3 does help a lot and cuts down on the learning curve.

As far as my first two photos taken, are they a good start?

Why look for a pat on the back? I would start reading through the threads posted by KmH and absorbing all the great info contained in them.
Regarding the photos you posted, there isn't much to talk about ...but keep them so you can look at them some time in the future and compare your progress.

Thank you, I appreciate it. As far as my first two photos taken, are they a good start?

They look like the first 2 photos taken by someone who's never handled a camera before.

Tell us what YOU think is strong about the above images.

Keep it up and keep learning, it'll come.

StevenJohnson said:
Thank you, I appreciate it. As far as my first two photos taken, are they a good start?

Well, there's two of them... And they're both photos. So you weren't lying in your thread title.

As Geaux said, they look like shots that you'd take to see if the first camera you ever bought actually works upon unboxing it. There's nothing interesting composition wise, and the first one is underexposed. They're photons that were captured by a digital imaging sensor through an f/3.5 kit lens of some focal length flavor.

I'd suggest reading up on composition, and exposure. Also look at a LOT of photos and study them.

o hey tyler said:
Well, there's two of them... And they're both photos. So you weren't lying in your thread title.

Tyler you've been a lot smarter since coming back ;)

-Ken Turner

TheKenTurner said:
Tyler you've been a lot smarter since coming back ;)

-Ken Turner

Why thank you Mr. Kenneth Turnington. ;-)

Tyler also turned all pro and ish!

Talking about your website and blog...looked like you've improved a lot since I can remember.

Sorry for hijack

Geaux said:
Talking about your website and blog...looked like you've improved a lot since I can remember.

Sorry for hijack

Thank you fine sir. :) good to see you around again too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back