First wedding c&c please

gagey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my first wedding. I was very excited. I have so many pictures to go through but here are a few of them

Last edited:
#2- vertical orientation would have worked better here. Also could have benefited from a reflector or fill flash.

#6- fill flash or reflector again. I don't care much for the extreme angle either, but hey, it's the new thing.

Congrats, the first one is the toughest. C&C per req:

1. Technically it's a good image, but it's too close up for the viewer to really know what it is.

2. As mentioned, definitely need some fill light in here to reduce the dynamic range. As well, consider the composition. Two people smack in the center of a horizontally composed image. Not the most exciting; consider a vertical aspect, and make sure you get your subjects to smile. The man looks like he rather be ANYWHERE else, and the bride seems to be saying, "Yeah, what-ever". A big part of your job as the wedding photographer is to pick up on small details like that. They make the difference between a snapshot and a wedding photograph.

3. To be brutally frank, that is about the most uninspired wedding ring photo I've seen.

4. Pretty much as for #1

5. Wow, that's orange!!!

6. Cute but probably a full stop under-exposed. Again fill light was needed. Also consider a polarizing filter for these outdoor shots, especially when you have such a nice sky.

Overall, pretty darn good for a first go! Keep it up.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

1. kinda cool
2. rough light (need fill), angry man, an article of clothing tossed on the ground carelessly left in frame. (eric is right about vert here)
3. one ring?...in a box?...wheres the other?
4. is this the dress?...seems like an extreme angle.
5. nice color! signifigance?
6. like eric, im not big on the angle, and it def needs some fill.

Did you receive compensation for this shoot?!

1- not bad. I would of liked a little more DOF to get the whole piece of jewelry in focus and maybe even get the whole thing in the frame

2- wow...uh..no. If you want to pull something like this off, have them further back in the scene, like behind that fence, so they are smaller and actually part of the scene. this is just a center composed kinda boring snapshot thing. They are in the middle, they are not smiling. Heck, the guy's jacket is on the ground. As said, portrait orientation would of worked better if you want to focus on them

3- a tad boring. just straight down looking on the ring. look for more interesting angles to shoot stuff from and get in closer to eliminate extra dead space. If you want to use more empty space, play with the lines of the box, the ring... But really, find a better angle

4- too titlty. You cut part of the dress off. The angle doesnt work for me

5- Out of focus oranges are a wedding shot?

6- cuter than the first image with the two, but they are too dark. Lovely sky, but it seems that to expose the background properly, you had to under expose your subject. Look into reflectors or fill flash. Again, way too tilty for me. Looks kinda like "I dont know what else to do with this center composed image, i'll just tilt the camera". Too much empty space again.

Get your subjects off the center, look at the rule of thirds, learn to shoot from angles other than standing straight up and square. Look through wedding magazines to get inspiration from. Practice wedding style shots on friends and family before jumping into the wedding mix again.

the second shot wasnt a posed shot this was them walking down the isle and i couldnt go tell them what to do they were coming and i agree i hate the sweater on the ground but what can you do when they threw it there last minute. I did edit it out but I didnt post that one on here and it does look better...lol

I did get other shots of them walking down the isle this was just from the start if the isle.

hahaha the oranges was from the reception i just liked how they had then in a glass. I was mainly focusing on the first part of the oranges.

thanks for all the comments i have a ton more so these are only a few out of over 1000 shots I just havent got through them all. I appreciate all the comments

and yes i did get paid I have a photography business.

maybe just me but I love angles and I personally like them better but thats just me so alot of my pictures are on angles although I do take them both ways

Why did you remove the images??

the second shot wasnt a posed shot this was them walking down the isle and i couldnt go tell them what to do they were coming and i agree i hate the sweater on the ground but what can you do when they threw it there last minute.

I dont get it, they are in the middle of a field with a fence behind them, I dont see an isle. They are standing still, not waling. Why would someone remove their jacket before going down the isle?? I'm confused. "what can you do"... seriously? Crop differently. Move, find a new angle... But yeah, I dont see an isle or how this is walking down, so maybe we are talking about a different image, hard to tell, you took them down.

:meh: wow... holy crap.

EDIT:
I did edit it out but I didnt post that one on here and it does look better...lol
I'm seriously confused... you edit out a distraction but yet decide NOT to post that image up on here even though your edits make the image look better? Why post up a sub part photo if you fixed it up?!? I think I'm smelling some bs going on here...

Last edited:
If you want a pat on the back, show your friends. If you want honest opinions, show them on here.

If you want honest opinions, show them on here.

And even that is not always the case.

I had a quick look at the OPs prior posts and I think we need a more precise definition on "photography business". Taking $20 from your friend for shooting some pictures isn't a business IMO. Business Plan, marketing plan, networking, cards, site, .... that is more business like.

Why did you remove the images??

the second shot wasnt a posed shot this was them walking down the isle and i couldnt go tell them what to do they were coming and i agree i hate the sweater on the ground but what can you do when they threw it there last minute.

I dont get it, they are in the middle of a field with a fence behind them, I dont see an isle. They are standing still, not waling. Why would someone remove their jacket before going down the isle?? I'm confused. "what can you do"... seriously? Crop differently. Move, find a new angle... But yeah, I dont see an isle or how this is walking down, so maybe we are talking about a different image, hard to tell, you took them down.

:meh: wow... holy crap.

EDIT:
I did edit it out but I didnt post that one on here and it does look better...lol
I'm seriously confused... you edit out a distraction but yet decide NOT to post that image up on here even though your edits make the image look better? Why post up a sub part photo if you fixed it up?!? I think I'm smelling some bs going on here...

you cant see the isle becasue they didnt walk through the actual peopl eyet they were actually just standing in the middle of the feild before the row of chairs

i didnt edit the sweater out of every picture i just picked a couple to post wasnt like i was trying topost every picture i just wanted to post a few

why is it holy crap? i really dont think they were that bad i never said they were the best but i have seen alot worse imo

If you want honest opinions, show them on here.

And even that is not always the case.

I had a quick look at the OPs prior posts and I think we need a more precise definition on "photography business". Taking $20 from your friend for shooting some pictures isn't a business IMO. Business Plan, marketing plan, networking, cards, site, .... that is more business like.

i do have a website, cards exc. im not taking 20 from friends. people can think what ever they would like that is fine

i didnt take them down because what people thought. i was looking for honest opinions. i took thenm down because i didnt want their pictures up on here i just wanted to show them and then take them down. i do apprieciate the opnions thats why i posted them

this is my first wedding. I was very excited. I have so many pictures to go through but here are a few of them

I am really curious about the images, I cant see them :(

Most reactions

Back