kirif1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

The wedding was a rush and the wedding part were not in the least interested in having the pics take, they wanted to rush off to the next part of the wedding.
There was a registration, photos in a garden...getting ready again...the church blessing and photos in a different location and finally the reception.

As it was my first wedding and I am not too experienced with taking pics of people, worrying about exposure and composition took up most of my thoughts, never mind figuring out where to stand, where to go next and to watch my battery power!

Anyway these are a few I came up with - please...any comments, good or bad. are more than welcome

#1 rings
3927418208_774d298a37.jpg

#2 Groomsmen
3926578689_b7c3aef962.jpg

#3 the Bride in the car
3927237734_7a9697fb68.jpg

#4 bride's maids
3926449599_5a2e23f402.jpg

#5 The Couple
3926438685_0c9b9cb0b1.jpg

I'm wondering why you went with different picture styles for each? The first image is black and white with a glow on the edges, the second is framed with selective coloring, the third has the glow but in color, the fourth is natural and the last image is... semi-sephia?

I'd pick a style and go with it for all the images.

thanks for all your comments, i went for different styles when processing the shots as the couple wanted them to all look different and as good as possible - i've just done what i thought each photo suited.
I agree about the selective colouring, however the bride requested i do it for this one and a similar one with the bride's maids, the pic in colour does look better.

Any crit or comments on the composition and exposure, i flopped many times on the day and it drew my attention to the need for advice and practise...as always!

Gotta say the 3rd image is pretty unflattering. I think it's a combination of the lighting and the facial expression.

Not sure of your background but practice practice practive and you'll improve...
The Bad
:
Based on what you showed, I think your colors are of a bit, maybe its the site and I doubt its my monitor since I never had an issue with color b/n monitors and prints before. Bride in the car (3) the dress and veil seems a bit cold. The Bridesmaid pictures - if you were to capture their faces then its nice but heads, its just boring, however if video got them walking and got few frames like that, then its a different story. The Couple (5) image: too much room on top with just bricks, nothing special and takes away from the people. The way the male is standing is really awkward, thus try cropping to head and shoulders (like shampoo) and see what you get. Also keep in mind for the future to tell your subjects how and where to place their body parts to eliminate this awkward poses.
The Good:
It seems like you have an eye for things, which is nice and important. Again, I don't know of your background but I'd HIGHLY suggest for you to learn lighting and utilize it when shooting. Taking on a wedding as a project is a big responsibility and if your clients like it, you succeeded it thus CONGRADS! The Rings (1) nicely composed and shot. Personally, after seeing hundreds of image shot at wide open lens, it gets boring but it is still nice shot. The groomsmen, nicely composed. A way to modify it would be to have them do SOMETHING (like thumbs up) with left hands OR having 2guys at left turn and face other guys. I think it would be more symmetrical. You can also, for the future add the groom OR the bride on one side and have the groomsmen looking at him or her, there are 100 of combinations, but you get the idea.
Again, congrads on the task and keep on improving.

# 4 and # 5 are nice pics !!

small advice for you !!
1st am happy for you that u got the chance to take wedding pics ..

try to see what other Photographer do , i mean how they capture the wedding pics and try to do same as they do but in different way and different angle .. trust me it work very well

in pic #3 .. why u made that white lens cover ?? this my 1st time i see some one use that . ( sorry if i was Rude ) , try the black cover its better then the white one ..
and play with the color more ,,

Practice more =)
that all i can say

thank you and have good day =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back