paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Brace yourselves for a lot of photos

I met the bride at a salon where she got her hair and make up done. I didn't realize until I went to edit this, but that is the bride in the reflection!! Talk about lucky timing

6W2A0761.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A0868.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A0876.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1062.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1091-Edit.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

despite all the crap on the table I really love this photo

6W2A1108.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1277.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1664.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1704.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1722-Edit.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1806.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1759.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A1895.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2056.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2134.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

father daughter

6W2A2285.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2401.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2428.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

one of my favorite shots of the night (despite the hand chop). bride and her mom

6W2A2484.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2492.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2566.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

garder toss

6W2A2542.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2624.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

6W2A2629.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

there it is! My first wedding! I know mistakes were made...lots of them HA! But I am pretty happy with my results. I do wish the ceremony would have been on time so I could have done beautiful outdoor portraits for the bride and groom, but it is what it is and I have made peace with that :p

Last edited:
I think you did a wonderful job given the circumstances that you previously stated and as Kathy Thorson stated before you do a wonderful job incorporating digital noise into your photos.

I think you did a wonderful job given the circumstances that you previously stated and as Kathy Thorson stated before you do a wonderful job incorporating digital noise into your photos.
Thank you Joe!

Noise reduction. Some of these are way too grainy. I dont care what kathi says, xP

Haze, matte, faded, vintage, bleach bypass, whatever you want to call it. I think it could stand to be toned down - a lot.

Otherwise, you did a great job.
Thank you for the feedback! You guys are the first to see these besides my second shooter and husband :). The processing is pretty much in line with how I normally process my photos. I'm curious to see what others think.

Haze, matte, faded, vintage, bleach bypass, whatever you want to call it. I think it could stand to be toned down - a lot.

Otherwise, you did a great job.

Offset

numbers, numbers, where for art thou numbers? :mrgreen:
#4, #5, #8, #10 needed flash, but good posing.
#3, #9, #15 are binners IMO.
I really like #6, except for the B&W part. its the most creative shot of the set. (although i might have cleared off that table first)

not a fan of the matte look, but ultimately the only opinion on these that really matter are the clients.
if they are happy then you should be happy.

numbers, numbers, where for art thou numbers? :mrgreen:
#4, #5, #8, #10 needed flash, but good posing.
#3, #9, #15 are binners IMO.
I really like #6, except for the B&W part. its the most creative shot of the set. (although i might have cleared off that table first)

not a fan of the matte look, but ultimately the only opinion on these that really matter are the clients.
if they are happy then you should be happy.

Thank you pixmedic :) I have a lot more with flash but ultimately, I really love the natural light ones :p.

okay you guys really have me second guessing my processing here. I just don't know. I really like the matte. I really don't feel like the clean edit look represents my work. ugh what to do

Have you tried just toning it down a bit. I don't mind a slight matte or haze, but there's a difference between 50% opacity, and 12% opacity if you get what I'm saying.

But then again, as the medic said, if your clients are happy who cares... they're signing your check anyway.

Noise reduction. Some of these are way too grainy. I dont care what kathi says, xP
I had stated in a previous thread that, if you follow any of the work that Paige does or on Flickr, she uses grain and matte processing as part of her style. It works for her, and she is very consistent with it. I would know what to expect if I hired her. She is very unique in her style and I enjoy it. It may not be a style choice for everyone, but I can surely appreciate someone that goes above and away from the norm. Paige's style is completely opposite from mine, but that is why I find it so creative.

Have you tried just toning it down a bit. I don't mind a slight matte or haze, but there's a difference between 50% opacity, and 12% opacity if you get what I'm saying.

But then again, as the medic said, if your clients are happy who cares... they're signing your check anyway.

okay yes, I will try it toned down....I edit in LR but I can still adjust the curve some.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back