First wedding!! SUPER large share

Noise reduction. Some of these are way too grainy. I dont care what kathi says, xP
I had stated in a previous thread that, if you follow any of the work that Paige does or on Flickr, she uses grain and matte processing as part of her style. It works for her, and she is very consistent with it. I would know what to expect if I hired her. She is very unique in her style and I enjoy it. It may not be a style choice for everyone, but I can surely appreciate someone that goes above and away from the norm.
Thank you kathy! This is exactly what I wanted to hear!! Does it look like me :)

Noise reduction. Some of these are way too grainy. I dont care what kathi says, xP
I had stated in a previous thread that, if you follow any of the work that Paige does or on Flickr, she uses grain and matte processing as part of her style. It works for her, and she is very consistent with it. I would know what to expect if I hired her. She is very unique in her style and I enjoy it. It may not be a style choice for everyone, but I can surely appreciate someone that goes above and away from the norm.
Thank you kathy! This is exactly what I wanted to hear!! Does it look like me :)
I think it represents your style very well. I am assuming your clients are well aware of your work, and what the end results will compare to.

thanks kathy. I am really struggling right now with whether I should re-editing them LOL. :/ :/

There are a couple that I would bin, but most of them I really like.

thanks kathy. I am really struggling right now with whether I should re-editing them LOL. :/ :/

Why not provide both types of edits? I have done that for clients. I don't know if you are planning on giving them all the photos but it might also prevent them from putting cheap instagram filters on the photos and posting them on FB...unless you have it written into the contract that they can't re-edit.

Your ISOs were way too low. You have a 5DIII. Bring that ISO up! 1600 or 3200. When there is barely any light, just shoot it wide open with your f/2.8. You have the 2 nicest canon equipment for weddings (5DIII and 24-70 II), utilize it to the max!

What shots robin? The reception ones? I guess I was keeping low ISO bc I was using flash. How do you light your receptions? I had to bounce off ceiling since it was so crowded.

Yes something was going on with it. I changed the batteries (brand new) and though better there was still problems (ie not firing). It was really hot too. And so were the batteries. I think I need a better flash.

External battery helps a lot with the flash heat issues. Something to consider. Also a higher ISO will make it so your flash doesn't have to work quite as hard. Even a bump to something as low as 800 makes a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG difference.

Nice set.

I liked the haze, btw. It was definitely a noticeable style choice, and maybe a lot of it... but if that's what you like and what your clients dig, then stick to your guns and do what feels right.

Here is a sample of HIGH iso with flash (bounced + off cams)
p510166817-4.jpg

Here is a sample of low ISO and with direct on cam flash and off camera flash

p991851080-4.jpg

Do you see how dark the background is? That is even with off camera flash with the background!
p339945053-4.jpg

Here is one with direct on camera flash. Your photos look like this but without the fisheye distortion, dragged shutter, but with bounced flash. You didnt let enough ambient light and your flash was not powerful enough to light up the whole room (with the low iso).

Yes something was going on with it. I changed the batteries (brand new) and though better there was still problems (ie not firing). It was really hot too. And so were the batteries. I think I need a better flash.

Thats because every shot your flash was probably shooting at almost full power every time.

Paige..I like your original edits. I'm a matte, grain/noise whatever you want to call it kind of girl.. Don't let anyone make you second guess your editing style..You have your own unique style and I think you should stick to it!! Did you share these on CM?

Most reactions

Back