First wedding!! SUPER large share

Noise reduction. Some of these are way too grainy. I dont care what kathi says, xP
I had stated in a previous thread that, if you follow any of the work that Paige does or on Flickr, she uses grain and matte processing as part of her style. It works for her, and she is very consistent with it. I would know what to expect if I hired her. She is very unique in her style and I enjoy it. It may not be a style choice for everyone, but I can surely appreciate someone that goes above and away from the norm.
Thank you kathy! This is exactly what I wanted to hear!! Does it look like me :)

Specifically I was talking about shots like #8 and 12. Those two are really grainy, much more so then anything in your portfolio on flickr. I like grain personally but these are on the extreme end to the point that a lot of quality is being lost in the grain. Evrything else was pretty clean. Some small bits of noise but nothing as overt as those two images where it is instantly noticeable.

At least this coming May you will be more prepared. Just don't forget to created list of different motif and then show it to your client for them to choose what they like and what they will expect, give them also recommendation on what you think that will be better for them but expect that some recommendation or suggestion will be a NO NO to them at least you try. Let them choose a least a week before the event, because this will give you time to prepare and experiments on lighting setup. If you can experiment on the venue itself then it will be better because you already know where to place the lights and where to position your self. Good Luck..... hoping to see those photos.... to be criticized again... LOL

1. 4. 13. 17. 22 All would look brilliant in a series of images. if possible I'd recommend you put these images together and have a look at them as I believe those 5 would look really strong in terms of portfolio images to show for future weddings etc. The soft colour you have achieved looks really nice. Not a fan of any of the others though for various reasons sorry,

No.1 is definitely a lucky shot but photography is 20% luck anyway and you certainly threw the dice right I love it to set off the story.

I think, unless the client has specifically asked or it, all this matte/haze/digital noise/whatever stuff is just crazy and wrong. A lot of clients will just not get. I can tell why I do not like it at all.
All this matte/digital noise stuff has strong connotations with a faded memory, distant past, XX century etc. etc. A wedding is NOT one of those moment in life that most people would want to fade in their memory. They do not want to look at it in 10 years, think that these photos look like their grandfathers distant past and feel old. They want it vivid and look as if it was yesterday, because it is one of the happiest days in their lives. Unless, of course, they have already divorced and really want it to be a distant past and someone else's life. Then you can take these photos and treat it with matte/digital noise and whatever it is.
This is just my first reaction to these photos. I just strongly believe that behind any artistic decision there must the reason and the explanation why, and "because I like it" is not enough.
Apart from that I think you did very very well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back