first wedding tonight, getting nervous (2 images from rehearsal)

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well guys, i'm going to be doing my first wedding tonight! I'm excited and nervous at the same time, it's getting a little hectic. i went to the chapel last night to check things out and snap some pics at the rehearsal dinner, and realized that the light was nearly nonexistent. i'm talking ISO 3200, 1/60th at f2. i think it will be fine though. we'll see how it turns out :)

here are two pics from the rehearsal...

flowergirl2bw-sm.jpg

fatherdaughter1-sm.jpg

wish me luck! :D

The first shot is precious.

Good luck with the wedding! I'm sure you'll do fine. :thumbsup:

I am sure you will do fine.... those shots from the rehearsal are good, especially the first. You weren't kidding about light being almost non-existant.

Good Luck Daniel,
I'll be doing my first wedding in 2008(already have it lined up! :lol:)
So I have some time to prepare for it. :thumbup:

Love the first shot tooo GOODO LUCK!

well i guess i'll give a real quick update before i head for church...

it was ok i suppose, really hectic (as to be expected). the shooting went pretty well except for a family member that they also asked to snap pictures (i would have protested, but i havent written up a contract yet and these are people I know, so I basically had to roll with it), and he took over sometimes, which got pretty frusterating...I never got to shoot the groom and groomsmen formally because while I was doing some special request posed shots of the bride getting ready (family tradition) the 'other photographer' took them all outside and took their pictures. that wasn't the worst though, the worst was that I couldn't even get the bride and groom alone to do some fun/romantic post-wedding shots before the ceremony...he wanted to get all the family inside (yes, in the aweful lighting) to take posed full-family formals and bride/groom shots, and everything in between. I kept insisting that we go outside and grab some shots of the closest family members and the bride and groom before we lost our light, but i kept getting 'oh well let's just snap a few since they're already in here'. by the time we were done with that they had to leave for the reception. i was pretty ticked because of that but considering that I didn't have them sign a contract and I let them use my shooting for free (i'm charging for everything else) as a wedding gift, I technically didn't have any more say in the matter than he did.

that's pretty much all the bad stuff besides the usual complaint of bad light at the reception (but i already expected that). I got some shots i might use for my portfolio, and I think they'll be pleased with them (they're expectations are fairly low from what i've gathered), so that's good. I learned alot too, so it was a beneficial experience :)

Thanks for the update... I would be interested in seeing some of your results. I find things normally are not as bad as they seemed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back