Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

First Wedding...

AnnieHuley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$img-1-2.jpg$img-4.jpg$img-13.jpg$img-14.jpg$img-20.jpg
still going through all the photos, so these are just a few of my personal favorites so far but wanted an outside opinion or two...

Last edited:
Oops should probably have at least one or two couple photos in the mix.
$img-4-2.jpg$img-25.jpg$img-32.jpg

Was this a paid gig?

Was this a paid gig?
Sort of... They paid my gas to get there, and opted not to get a fully professional photographer, (against my recommendation!) But we had several discussions about what I would be able to produce for them, and I provided examples from a wedding that I was a guest at and told them not to expect anything beyond that quality. (So don't yell at me!! I tried to tell them to get someone else!)

Too many and not numbered to give you specific critique but just glancing over I see some fairly decent images, some with promise and some just off. Some of the exposures are quite a bit under and the color balance is off.

Too many and not numbered to give you specific critique but just glancing over I see some fairly decent images, some with promise and some just off. Some of the exposures are quite a bit under and the color balance is off.
Oh oops, I didn't realize that it was going to give you image names or I would have done names that make sense to people other than me :p Sorry!
Thanks, I will look at the exposure, they are in RAW so I may be able to fix both those issues.

I agree.. I see some decent images in the mix but a lot seem too dark and white balances seem off in many as well.

I'd number your images and consider embedding them differently vs as attachments... the attachments make strange things happen.

I like the one with the bride looking down the best.

3&4 are nice. NOt bad for your first. I would set the bar higher though when selecting your "favorites". For example #1, nothing is sharp.

they are all underexposed. flash is your friend. and when you cant use flash, use a fast lens and/or bump your ISO

the couple dancing- I would have shot that one from the side, unless the brides head was visible around the groom.
brides hands in her lap- a ring shot? not sure whats going on there.
the couple standing together in the second set- too dark to really make out much, and the groom is almost completely gone.
the portrait of the bride looking down- I like the pose, but its cropped too tight, arms are OOF, and underexposed.
woman with flower- a nice shot, but would have been much better with flash.

what equipment did you use for this set?
what editing software (if any) did you use to process these?
did you shoot raw or jpeg?

Last edited:
The ones I've uploaded so far are from a 5d with a 50mm 1.4. These are from Lightroom but have only had color temperature changed so far and some not even that.. I tend to underexpose a little to avoid clipping highlights but I shoot in raw so I can lighten a stop or too without losing quality.

These need some general work IMHO. As noted above, underexposure seems to be an issue in many of them. In several, the color balance is a bit cool (blueish tints), and the crops are way too tight for my personal taste.

Others I just think that you did not accomplish what you set out to accomplish. For example, the dress hanging on the door. I see this shot a lot in wedding photos, but the image is normally taken with good back lighting, in or near a window, etc. to make it appear soft. I think this shot of the dress hung from a solid dark wood door, underexposed and with no back lighting really does not do justice to the dress.

I'm not attacking these photos. Just giving you the feedback you requested.

Most reactions

Back