Fish Eye lens

Bluepolo3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,

I have a Nikon D5100. I am looking for a fisheye lens that is compatable with my camera and has autofocus. My price range cieling is around $600. I am new to photography and would like some suggestions on what lens would work best for me!

Thanks!

Any nikkor af-s will work. I think sigmas autofocus lens are identified as hsm. I'm probably wrong bout sigma. Have you read any reviews of fish eye lenses?

That reminds me of that Rush song, Limelight: "Living in the fish islands..." But I digress.

Your D5100 doesn't have a focus motor so if you want auto-focus you need a lens that has a built-in focusing system, on Nikon lenses they will be in the AF-S class. This link should show you a table of lenses sorted by focal length, you are most likely looking at the 10-24mm 12-24mm or 14-24mm. Then you have to decide on if you would need a constant aperture through the zoom range or not, that makes the difference between a $900 consumer lens and a $2000 pro lens.

I'm sure someone else will chime in on one of the 3rd party lens manufacturers that may be more in your price range. Personally, I'm saving for the 10-24 G.

Cheers!

OP: note when you're shopping there is a big diifference between "fish-eye" and super-wide angle lenses.

Any nikkor af-s will work. I think sigmas autofocus lens are identified as hsm. I'm probably wrong bout sigma. Have you read any reviews of fish eye lenses?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back