What's new

Fish-eye lens

KalibreNOR

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Norge
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello there, me and my brother decided to go out at 2 past midnight to test out my new Samyang 3.5/8mm fish-eye lens.
We ended up with a few OK shots, but they ended up being grainy and out of focus. can I please get help on improving shots like these?
general Do's and don'ts are appreciated.

$543846_10151668235173266_472317484_n.webp
 
What was the ISO?

Did you have to manually focus the lens? If so, did you use the VF or look at the focus ring on the lens?
 
ISO was 3200
I used manual focus with infinite focus.
EOS on lens was 3.5
 
ISO will explain the graininess... which is really digital noise.

Somewhere here on the forum is a tutorial about this, but I can't find it.
 
oh I see, so it's a good idea to adjust the ISO down to about 800?
 
Lower it as far as possible. The lower, the better.

Of course, there will be a trade-off.... you may end up with the stars streaking in the image. But with a fish-eye, it will take quite a bit of time.
 
Just curious. Did you add any exposure compensation? I usually have to bump mine up 1 to 2 stops. If you had to brighten a dark image in post that can also add unwanted noise.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom