Fisheye Lens

Cape guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a fisheye lens for my Canon XSI. I will be using to capture interesting Landscapes and other fun shots. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best lenses. I am looking to spend $1000.00 or under.

Samyang 8mm f/3,5 that's THE fisheye lens. (of the cheap ones ofc)

Thanks, I was looking at that and the Sigma 10mm 2.8 also

The sigma is most likely going to be much better than the samyang. Canon only makes a 15mm fish that doesn't look very fishy on an aps-c sensor, but if the Sigma quality can compare to that then spend the money on it. The Canon fish is super sharp.

Don't forget to look for the used lenses for sale on Craigslist, Ebay and KEH.

FIRST POST :lol:: I'm using a cheap, Opteka .34x Fisheye lens that gives lackluster results and I'm trying to determine how I might better my shots. I attach this conversion lens to my 18-55mm Nikkor zoom lens and I'm not impressed with what .35x does for the fisheye effect. Also, the majority of my resulting shot is the barrel of my zoom lens and not the subject. Would I do better with a fixed 18mm lens with the attached conversion lens?

Would I do better with a fixed 18mm lens with the attached conversion lens?

No, if you want to do fish-eye get a real fish eye not a converter! Nothing good can come from it..

I figured as much... guess I'll start saving up. What about telephoto 2x conversion lenses? Will they suck as well?

What about telephoto 2x conversion lenses? Will they suck as well?

What and put it on the 18-55? It most definitely would, got a link to the product?

Well I have the Nikkor 55-200mm and I was hoping to get it closer to 400mm without any adverse affects. Thinking a 2x telephoto conversion lens might be a shot. It will fit, I've never had an issue with that. Just didn't know if anyone had tried it in the field.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back