Fishing boat and Gull

wobe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Played around trying to get a shot with mostly sea and a single boat after a comment on another shot I took of a Crabber boat recently saying it would be interesting to see a scene of all sea with just a single small boat. So after a few attempts I grabbed this shot with the gull in exactly the right place and did some editing to make it more 'painting' like.
Film shot - OM-3ti / Zuiko 75-150mm / Fuji Xperia 400

gull&boat pre sky.jpg

Love the shot. Only niggle i have is the lack of space below the boat. I undestand the constraits you had with sky, gull and boat, there's no way to change the crop without losing something. This is one of those shots I'd be tempted to stretch and clone the sea at the bottom.

Nice shot.....
Thank you 🙏

Love the shot. Only niggle i have is the lack of space below the boat. I undestand the constraits you had with sky, gull and boat, there's no way to change the crop without losing something. This is one of those shots I'd be tempted to stretch and clone the sea at the bottom.
I think this is a good point, I don't think I have the necessary skills to clone this one as there is not a whole width strip of sea without the boat getting in the way but will try another shot keeping this composition tip in mind.
Appreciate the input, many thanks.

Thank you 🙏

I think this is a good point, I don't think I have the necessary skills to clone this one as there is not a whole width strip of sea without the boat getting in the way but will try another shot keeping this composition tip in mind.
Appreciate the input, many thanks.

It isn't hard to stretch a canvas in PS, lot of videos out there. You have more than enough along the bottom to work with. I have to stretch an image every so often when it needs to conform to a certain aspect ratio for a print and cropping isn't an option. I normally try to shoot loose, to leave room on the margins, for prints later. Even if you can crop to your aspect ratio, you loose a 1/4" more on each side when you mat the print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back