What's new

Fishing couple

BrettG

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Got this shot on one of my last days in Alaska this summer. My dad, me, and these two went on a trip up to Prudhoe Bay, and on the way back we stopped for some fishing:

JackieandJoel.jpg


Only thing I really don't like is the reflection in the water next to the man, I feel it's kind of obtrusive
 
I quite like the image the way it is. I did a quick and dirty job in PhotoShop (hope you don't mind) to minimize that bright spot. I cloned it out using the reflection from between the two as a source and I toned down the flare on his sleeve.

Test.jpg


It could be my clone job...or maybe it's just me...but I think the the image loses something for not having that bright point.

Take it from an Alaskan...and a fellow Brett...very nice image.
 
Now that I see it that way, you're right, it does seem to add something to the picture.

Where's Peters Creek? We spent a week driving from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay. Covered more ground in that week than I have in my entire life in my home state, and I still couldn't get enough!
 
Peters Creek is a few miles outside of Anchorage, just north of Eagle River. I haven't yet made the drive you did. There's enough Alaska to keep you busy for a lifetime.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom