Five Photographers

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Slightly different from "who is your favourite photographer" here is name 5 photographers and a link to their work. These photographers have to be inspirational and have affected your work in some way.
The 5 have to be: 1 VERY Famous (dead), 1 VERY Famous (alive), 1 somewhat famous (alive or dead), 1 relatively unknown, and 1 additional from any category but has have had to influenced your work.

The purpose of this exercise is to perhaps discover new photographers that we would otherwise have never had heard of. Why 5? Because 1 is too goddamned difficult. I wish I could name 10 but then it becomes overwhelming.

1 Famous and Dead: Jacques-Henri Lartigue.
2 Famous and Alive: Ellen von Unwerth
3 Not so famous: Johnathan Hobin
4 Unknown but awesome: Joanne Ratkowski
5 influential: Mariel Clayton

Bravo TV had a documentary on him. They did a great job, I enjoyed being part of it. It was called "The Art of Observation" He is still shooting, at 83 years old.

Bravo TV had a documentary on him. They did a great job, I enjoyed being part of it. It was called "The Art of Observation" He is still shooting, at 83 years old.

Thats is.

I put it on dvd so that I can watch it again.

Hmmmm, Dead is a problem for me... I am not sure!
Alive: David Beckstead's light and shadow D a v i d B e c k s t e a d . c o m - site by Photoidentities and Jerry Ghionis for his emotional element and how he creates it. Jerry Ghionis - Photographer
Somewhat Known: I LOVE Richard Nickel Jr's urban exploration. The Kingston Lounge
Unknown and awesome: I follow quite a few... this is a friend of mine and I love her work. Wedding Photographer in NY Best Wedding Photographer in NY Westchester Wedding Photographer I have watched her evolve from a point and shoot to an amazingly talented photographer over the past several years.

I only have one that has truely influenced my work. Ted Grant, apart from being my Dad, he is regarded as the "father of Canadian photojournalism". TED GRANT PHOTOGRAPHER

A great influence in many respects. His contributions to LUG show what a great guy he is as well as being a great photographer.

My five, all of which were very difficult to pare down:

1. Raymond Moore
2. Thomas Joshua Cooper
3. Jem Southam (of course he's famous, really - I cheated)
4. (especially difficult) Sirkka-Liisa Konttinen or Isabella Jedrzejcyk
5. Mike Tilley who was enormously helpful to me when I started.

Fame is such a strange metric. Who cares about it really, and if they care, how do they measure it?

I only have one that has truely influenced my work. Ted Grant, apart from being my Dad, he is regarded as the "father of Canadian photojournalism". TED GRANT PHOTOGRAPHER

A great influence in many respects. His contributions to LUG show what a great guy he is as well as being a great photographer.

My five, all of which were very difficult to pare down:

1. Raymond Moore
2. Thomas Joshua Cooper
3. Jem Southam (of course he's famous, really - I cheated)
4. (especially difficult) Sirkka-Liisa Konttinen or Isabella Jedrzejcyk
5. Mike Tilley who was enormously helpful to me when I started.

Fame is such a strange metric. Who cares about it really, and if they care, how do they measure it?

Thanks for the kind comments, I will pass them on to my Dad.

I had the privlege to attend a presentation he made to our group in Victoria last year. An outstanding photographer and person!

I learned from the best, and he still impresses me with the images that he is shooting. I used to do most of his darkroom work, and couldn't believe some of the things I would see in his photos, subtle things that most people had not seen.

Most reactions

Back